FIRE OZZIE

shago

His staff is questionable from top-to-bottom, including Coop

Stupid line-up/managerial decisions all season long, year-after-year

Was embarassed to be wearing a Sox cap at Yankee Stadium today and it was the last straw with him

Starting the Count - AGAIN - and spotting the f*****g Yankees 8 runs

Team half-assing it all day

One-hitting 'Cy' 6 ERA/1.9 WHIP Mitre and the back-up bullpen

Jayson should have run-out Cano's play

AJ should have run-out hitting Mitre

Pods should have made that catch without even having to dive

Embarrasing beyond words, didnt even look like professionals today, let alone a team with any passion or motivation

Hope they are enjoying the fancy whirlpools and showers in the locker room, think that was their only motivational drive

Thanks for the memories Ozzie, you are and will be a legend of Sox lore, but time to go...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly Ozzie hasn't had CPR training because his team has been choking on a division about as tough as mashed potatoes for quite a while now and it's almost flatlined.

I don't like a lot of Ozzie's in-game decisions and I think he's overrated as a game manager by Sox fans. But I love his attitude and fire most of the time, and those I think are the most important qualities in a manager, so he should stay. But he needs to f***ing blow up on this team and seriously start threatening jobs. The absolute WORST thing he can do is allow this s*** to be acceptable. Link, Nunez, Torres, Harrell, Whisler, etc. are already ON the 40-man roster. It doesn't matter whether they'll do well or not either. The Sox need to start sending messages by demoting players to Charlotte, and that should start with Contreras and Linebrink. Ozzie needs to make it known that jobs aren't safe. Sit Dye for a whole series. Send a f***ing message at least.

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 08:44 PM)
....and here we go. PHT is getting as unbearable as the product on the field.

we all love Ozzie and his past, but he's not a good manager... why is it unbearable to have a debate? Isn't that the point of 'PHT'?

QUOTE (La Marr Hoyt HOF @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
we all love Ozzie and his past, but he's not a good manager... why is it unbearable to have a debate? Isn't that the point of 'PHT'?

True on all accounts (debatable for sure whether or not he's a good manager). I just figured that this thread is bound to get either comical or ugly...or both. I think you're right that he should be on the hot fence. Who we would end up with instead of him is scary though.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Clearly Ozzie hasn't had CPR training because his team has been choking on a division about as tough as mashed potatoes for quite a while now and it's almost flatlined.

I don't like a lot of Ozzie's in-game decisions and I think he's overrated as a game manager by Sox fans. But I love his attitude and fire most of the time, and those I think are the most important qualities in a manager, so he should stay. But he needs to f***ing blow up on this team and seriously start threatening jobs. The absolute WORST thing he can do is allow this s*** to be acceptable. Link, Nunez, Torres, Harrell, Whisler, etc. are already ON the 40-man roster. It doesn't matter whether they'll do well or not either. The Sox need to start sending messages by demoting players to Charlotte, and that should start with Contreras and Linebrink. Ozzie needs to make it known that jobs aren't safe. Sit Dye for a whole series. Send a f***ing message at least.

I've been saying this for a while now. The players do not receive any comeuppance for lack of production and even effort.

QUOTE (DonkeyKongerko @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Ozzie's response

That is awesome.

But this might be a mistake. The veterans on this team who have played for years and contributed to this team's World Series victory will be very upset and now nobody will sign here or accept trades to the South Side.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
That is awesome.

I agree. These guys need to get called out.

But this might be a mistake. The veterans on this team who have played for years and contributed to this team's World Series victory will be very upset and now nobody will sign here or accept trades to the South Side.

Calling players out is a lot different than permanently benching or DFAing them with a month to go in the season. But since you've obviously never managed another human being in a work environment before, I wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
Calling players out is a lot different than permanently benching or DFAing them with a month to go in the season. But since you've obviously never managed another human being in a work environment before, I wouldn't expect you to know the difference.

It may not be showing up on your computer, but that text was green.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 05:20 PM)
I agree. These guys need to get called out.

Don't take it too seriously. It was a joke. But the things that Ozzie said do lead me to believe someone will be off of the team very soon.

Also, my current job has me managing multiple human beings.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:24 PM)
Don't take it too seriously. It was a joke.

Yeah, I'm sure.

But the things that Ozzie said do lead me to believe someone will be off of the team very soon.

Which would be absolutely pointless, with the rosters expanding on Tuesday.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 29, 2009 -> 03:31 PM)
Again, what you view as pointless would serve as a warning and kick in the ass to most other people.

Yep, it'll say, "If you struggle down the stretch, we'll throw you under the bus." That's a message that will endear every prospective free agent to the White Sox.

DFAing players out of spite at the end of August (with no tangible benefit to your organization) may sooth your anger and make you feel like a tough guy, but it's a really stupid way to run a baseball team.