14-7

GasHeGone

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 06:04 AM)
Uh...this thread seems to forget that the Sox are in fact in third place. The Twins have to suck ass too.

Twins pitching will find a way.

That isnt to say we cant find a way either, but hey, I'm fine with all three teams being in it at the end. Way better than what we have now.

And actually that's our best case scenario, since for this to work, we need to root for Minn over Det in their head-to-heads

Edited by Princess Dye

I believe for every drop of rain that falls

A flower grows,

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night

A candle glows,

I believe for everyone who goes astray,

Someone will come to show the way,

I believe, I believe.

I believe above the storm a smallest prayer

Will still be heard,

I believe that someone in the great somewhere

Hears every word,

Every time I hear a newborn baby cry,

Or touch a leaf, or see the sky,

Then I know why,

I believe.

Then I know why,

I believe :gosox1:

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
I believe for every drop of rain that falls

A flower grows,

I believe that somewhere in the darkest night

A candle glows,

I believe for everyone who goes astray,

Someone will come to show the way,

I believe, I believe.

I believe above the storm a smallest prayer

Will still be heard,

I believe that someone in the great somewhere

Hears every word,

Then I know why,

I believe.

Then I know why,

I believe :gosox1:

BigEd, that sound you hear is the Authorities knocking at your door coming to permanently revoke your Man Card.

My fear is that the season will come down to the last six games against Detroit. If we go into that stretch less than 6 games back it's going to be extremely stressful, and I will have to consume more beer. For excitement purposes it would be awesome. But just imagine the Sox taking a huge dump when it really matters (you know, like they've done several times already). If that happened at the end of the season, SoxTalk may have to be shut down due to negativity, screaming, and vomiting.

I'd just like to point out that if we gain one more game on DET in the next week, then we will be less than 6 games back, with 6 games remaining against them.

Still a long shot, but, just saying, it means we control our own destiny. The fat lady is warming up back stage, but she ain't singin' yet.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
I'd just like to point out that if we gain one more game on DET in the next week, then we will be less than 6 games back, with 6 games remaining against them.

Still a long shot, but, just saying, it means we control our own destiny. The fat lady is warming up back stage, but she ain't singin' yet.

Its very unrealistic to think we will sweep 6 games from Detroit. I know we all want to have a shot and make that last series at home fun and seem like a playoff. So I think we need to be no more than 4 games out before that series. That way a 5 of 6 does the trick. If we can somehow be 3 out than 4 of 6 would make it very interesting.

So go KC today and finish the sweep!

If we are six or seven back when we first play Detroit, I hope the media doesn't act like it's a colossal failure if we split with them or something. I mean the odds of overcoming a team when that team is six up on you are monumental no matter how much we want to win all six. Detroit would have no pressure knowing they just have to win one or two max to finish us off.