AGon discussion, et. al.

Chisoxfn

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question Mods in lieu of the crap Cowleotti wrote and the great effort you guys do in this forum. Is Kenny aware (I'm sure he is so just tell me I'm retarded) know of this forum's existance and does he know we genuinely appreciate (Most of us I think) his efforts as GM? He must think "Wow these guys are really tuned in to what we would want to do for our fan base".

Sorry seems like a logical question.

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 08:54 AM)
Sorry why does "Cowleotti's" last name get parsed and turned into Cowleotti? A pun on words?

Cowleotti + Hineybird. Yeah, i don't like it much either.

Edit: Wow, i didn't realize that word was an autocorrect. That's f***ing awesome!

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 09:56 PM)
I have a sudden urge to attempt to do to Cowleotti what Stephen Colbert has done to O'Reilly and now Beck.

There is already a Fake Joe Cowleotti twitter account! LMAO!

http://twitter.com/FakeJoeCowley

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Alright, let’s throw out some more potential packages. Let’s get in-depth. How realistic is this? Is this too much? Trade Konerko and cash for Wood

Hudson, Viciedo, Retherford, Wood, Shelby, Ely for Adrian Gonzalez.

Are Shelby and Ely merely superfluous here? Can our system compensate for the loss of 4 of our top 15 prospects (according to Baseball Prospectus)? Would we be more comfotable swapping Morel in for Retherford or would that devastate our 3b depth? Personally, I think we could stand to lose these guys if it means getting Gonzalez. I just don't know how likely it would be.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:16 AM)
Alright, let’s throw out some more potential packages. Let’s get in-depth. How realistic is this? Is this too much? Trade Konerko and cash for Wood

Hudson, Viciedo, Retherford, Wood, Shelby, Ely for Adrian Gonzalez.

Are Shelby and Ely merely superfluous here? Can our system compensate for the loss of 4 of our top 15 prospects (according to Baseball Prospectus)? Would we be more comfotable swapping Morel in for Retherford or would that devastate our 3b depth? Personally, I think we could stand to lose these guys if it means getting Gonzalez. I just don't know how likely it would be.

Basically, if we land AG, our farm is officially right back where it was in 2006. The good ol' days when Lance Broadway, Kyle McCullah, Ryan Sweeney and Charlie Haeger were like our 4 top prospects. Just saying people should think a little when they say "give the Padres whatever they want for AG. Even if it means our top 5 prospects." Be careful what you wish for.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
Basically, if we land AG, our farm is officially right back where it was in 2006. The good ol' days when Lance Broadway, Kyle McCullah, Ryan Sweeney and Charlie Haeger were like our 4 top prospects. Just saying people should think a little when they say "give the Padres whatever they want for AG. Even if it means our top 5 prospects." Be careful what you wish for.

I prefer winning actual World Series as opposed to the AAA championship.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)

Exactly. One of the reasons you trade for these players is to use them as trading pieces. Look at what we gave up for Peavy, basically nothing, but at the time people were up in arms.

FWIW, I've known Jason and Mario since Soxnet.net's infancy and I can say with some substance that theytake this endeavor very seriously, and would never post something they "imagined" in their basement. They are both too talented and honest to fabricate a rumor and the only thing that separates either of them and Joe Cowleotti is a press pass. It is a shame that Cowleotti decided to attack Soxnet without really investigating the author of the story or the entitiy he created. If Cowleotti had taken the time to read this board or anything else that Jason has created he would have discovered that this is no "in my parents basement" type of operation. I genuinely believe there is some great baseball discussion on this board and some great baseball analysis via Soxnet and Futuresox. Anyone who vehemently disagrees probably doesn't visit the site.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:46 AM)

As do I. But for a team with a limited payroll, a team that's proven they will not bid on elite free agents, a team that has as many holes as we do, good luck fielding a team that can consistently get to the postseason without being able to develop their own talent.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 09:55 AM)
FWIW, I've known Jason and Mario since Soxnet.net's infancy and I can say with some substance that theytake this endeavor very seriously, and would never post something they "imagined" in their basement. They are both too talented and honest to fabricate a rumor and the only thing that separates either of them and Joe Cowleotti is a press pass. It is a shame that Cowleotti decided to attack Soxnet without really investigating the author of the story or the entitiy he created. If Cowleotti had taken the time to read this board or anything else that Jason has created he would have discovered that this is no "in my parents basement" type of operation. I genuinely believe there is some great baseball discussion on this board and some great baseball analysis via Soxnet and Futuresox. Anyone who vehemently disagrees probably doesn't visit the site.

From my brief time going to school with Mario, I can agree with that.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 18, 2009 -> 08:45 AM)
There is already a Fake Joe Cowleotti twitter account! LMAO!

http://twitter.com/FakeJoeCowley

When i found this when I got to work this morning, there were no posts. Looks like it's officially active and not too bad either!

Edited by Athomeboy_2000