Winter/Spring 2009-10 TV thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Episode of Breaking Bad tonight was just god awful. Worst episode they have put out by far. Only Walt and Jesse in the whole episode, no other characters, and the whole thing was about a fly in the meth lab........

Seemed like all the actors took a vacation at the same time, and Bryan Cranston and whoever plays Jesse were the only two wanted to work, so they wrote a bulls*** filler episode. Very disappointing.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 24, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)
Episode of Breaking Bad tonight was just god awful. Worst episode they have put out by far. Only Walt and Jesse in the whole episode, no other characters, and the whole thing was about a fly in the meth lab........

Seemed like all the actors took a vacation at the same time, and Bryan Cranston and whoever plays Jesse were the only two wanted to work, so they wrote a bulls*** filler episode. Very disappointing.

Yeah, I was incredibly disappointed. First time I can say that about a Breaking Bad episode, so I've got to believe they'll come back strong. But tonight's episode was awful... no real plot or character development at all.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 24, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
I'm really surprised you haven;t gotten into Lost, Balta. Lots of 'sciencey' things going on in the show.

When you're working on a Ph.D. and working a 2nd job for most of a show's run, sometimes you have to make choices.

If it premiered this year, I'd probably have been a regular viewer.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 24, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
Yes sir.

I really thought that show started off strong, really started tailing off towards crazy land, and then it got intriguing right towards the end of this last season.

I kinda miss it being a story of just pot peddling, though.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 24, 2010 -> 07:45 PM)
I really thought that show started off strong, really started tailing off towards crazy land, and then it got intriguing right towards the end of this last season.

I kinda miss it being a story of just pot peddling, though.

I'm starting Season 5 now. The first three seasons were terrific, but season 4 was really lacking with all the Mexico stuff. If I had to wait a week between episodes instead of breezing through them, I may of stopped watching.

The last half of this season of 24 might be some of the best television I have ever seen. I was admittedly getting bored of the show again in the first half of the season, but the show really took off again. I won't ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I was happy with it.

After all it is not the end of Jack Bauer all together, just the end of the small screen version. It will be interesting to see how they make the movie

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 24, 2010 -> 01:39 AM)

My feelings exactly!

I have watched 24, first 4 seasons, Prison Break, Entourage, Jericho, Lost.

Currently watching Dexter season 1 and Breaking Bad as it goes.

Now I loved all these shows, I know I might be asking for a lot, but based on the shows mentioned can anyone recommend anything I should be watching ?

QUOTE (The Gooch @ May 24, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
The last half of this season of 24 might be some of the best television I have ever seen. I was admittedly getting bored of the show again in the first half of the season, but the show really took off again. I won't ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it, but I was happy with it.

After all it is not the end of Jack Bauer all together, just the end of the small screen version. It will be interesting to see how they make the movie

Really...the only way that series should have ended was with Bauer as a corpse. I kept holding out hope that they'd in the end reveal that the movie talk was all just B.S. to keep it a surprise when they did kill him.

Did anyone else think "I like to think the last thing that went through his head - other than that bullet - was to wonder how the hell Jack Bauer ever got the best of him" when Logan pulled the trigger?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2010 -> 07:55 AM)

Really...the only way that series should have ended was with Bauer as a corpse. I kept holding out hope that they'd in the end reveal that the movie talk was all just B.S. to keep it a surprise when they did kill him.

Did anyone else think "I like to think the last thing that went through his head - other than that bullet - was to wonder how the hell Jack Bauer ever got the best of him" when Logan pulled the trigger?

I was extremely pleased with Logan killing himself. I'm also glad that Chloe helped Jack out of his weakest spot and that the President predictably ended her career. The fact that she'd be on the wrong side of ethical choices after locking her daughter up in a previous season was a bit of a stretch to begin with, but in the end her character stayed true.

I personally loved this finale. It was 10x better than the Lost finale and it stayed true to the series.

I hope the movie is 24 hours long.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)

I was extremely pleased with Logan killing himself. I'm also glad that Chloe helped Jack out of his weakest spot and that the President predictably ended her career. The fact that she'd be on the wrong side of ethical choices after locking her daughter up in a previous season was a bit of a stretch to begin with, but in the end her character stayed true.

I personally loved this finale. It was 10x better than the Lost finale and it stayed true to the series.

I hope the movie is 24 hours long.

I watched both finales, despite the fact that I saw almost none of either series (I often do that with big series finales of shows that I don't watch). Based on the quality of the actual episode, the acting, and the closure, I'd have to go with Lost being much better.