Andruw Jones Wants to Start for the Sox

elrockinMT

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
If Andruw comes back in shape I will predict a Comeback player of the year award.

I feel like a probably have made this statement a couple times before so eh...

Personally, I hope Freddy is going to get the comeback player of the year award next year. What a rotation we should have if he does.

The moment that Jones signed I was thinking in the back of my mind that this is probably going to be our starting rightfielder in 2010 with Rios in center, or vice versa if you wish. I can't say that I mind Jones starting at all providing that he EARNS it in spring training. I would be upset if it was just given to him.

Edited by balfanman

QUOTE (azsoxfan1 @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
From The Hardball Times, an interesting article about Jones.

"I am, however, bringing up this comparison to note two things. The first, and the most obvious and talked-about in the past, is that perhaps Jones isn't completely done after all."

"The second point of the comparison is to say that Jones may have positioned himself not only to succeed in 2010, but to market himself as a starting option in free agency next year."

Full article: http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/blog_art...sing-white-sox/

Welcome to the board!

I think Jones is a strong candidate to have a major comeback year in 2010, and he may end up being the majority or full time DH. And if he shows up in shape and is raking, I am OK with that.

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Dec 6, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
The Chicago White Sox are not the kind of organization that runs garbage players out as everyday starters in Center Field, sorry Andrew.

This post is best made without the use of green, considering the discussions that happen on this board regarding Center Field almost daily. Very well played.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
This post is best made without the use of green, considering the discussions that happen on this board regarding Center Field almost daily. Very well played.

Definitely. Someone put this one up for that vote crap we do here.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 08:11 AM)
If Jones starts, then who bats leadoff?? I think it's going to be Pods and Thome again, boys and girls. Then we'll be good for about 88 wins...

Ozzie has said that the best in-house candidate right now is Beckham.

Tito said: "Definitely. Someone put this one up for that vote crap we do here." and I reply of behalf of all of us wannabe managers and Sox GM 's:

Everything we post here including votes must have some positive influence on the Sox run at a MLB championship. "Crap" you say? maybe some massive BS, but not "crap" I tell you. You are talking to folks that are very well qualified to make decisions on the baseball future of this club and except for some fluke decision by Jerry Reinsdorf we were passed over for GM. :lolhitting :gosoxretro: :bringit :cheers :lol:

Edited by knightni

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
Dude...that was good enough that it did not need green. well done!!

I never use green unless my comment could be interperted as offensive to someone. otherwise...let your joke do the work.

I agree. In comedy you never tell the audience the joke is coming.

Jones' bat has really slowed down a lot over the years. He's still young enough to get himself in shape to hit .250 again with power, but I wouldn't bet on it. I'm glad he wants to start though because at least it shows dedication.

Please Kenny, get a real RF.

Jones on the juice, in shape and with healthy knees, was a borderline HOF. How sad what he's become now.

I am all about 2nd chances, though, so if he wants to get in shape and compete for a starting job..... it's not as if Sox have anything in CF and RF right now (Quentin is a LF/DH, at this point in his career) that's set in stone.

Meh.

QUOTE (Bern Danstein @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
Jones on the juice, in shape and with healthy knees, was a borderline HOF. How sad what he's become now.

I am all about 2nd chances, though, so if he wants to get in shape and compete for a starting job..... it's not as if Sox have anything in CF and RF right now (Quentin is a LF/DH, at this point in his career) that's set in stone.

Meh.

I think someone put a dakota fanning avatar up by accident for you. You might want to look into that.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 02:34 PM)
I agree. In comedy you never tell the audience the joke is coming.

Yes! Green defeats the whole purpose of sarcasm. In fact, using green is as good as saying, "I'm 1 of the 50% of the population who doesn't understand sarcasm". I applaud your non-use of green, as well as the anarchy it caused.

QUOTE (Bern Danstein @ Dec 7, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
Why?

I admit my avatar is not nearly as clever as your screen-name (or thoughts, for that matter), but I think I'll live.

Interesting. I merely thought there was a mistake made regarding your avatar. Thanks for the insults (attempted) though, my day just would have not been the same without. My savior. :wub: