Hank Blalock

simba43

But i think he would be a good pick up and probably cheaper then what matsui got . i for one did not want matsui i mean hitting in that lineup no pressure even in the series i think the angels will regret that signing . but i think Hank would be good for us . we are picking up other Rangers vizqeul jones so why not . but for the sox he is on the wrong side of 30 so i think Ozzie KW might not like him . so far i really don't like our lineup i can't explain it its like we have nobody that fits in the right order . i mean after pierre is beckham really best place to hit is 2nd and if not him who ? and if CQ hits 3rd who will clean up ? i have seen AJ Konerko but neither is really a clean up hitter and if we did put konerko 4th who bats 5th again AJ TEAHEN ? and most lineups i see here have our DH batting last DH AT 9 OMG . WE NEED ANOTHER BAT KW . :gosoxretro:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 09:23 AM)
In 07 he played 58 games, in 08 65 games, in 09, he made it to 123 games, but I know he had a shoulde problem most of the year, as he only hit .234, worst of his career. I dont know how much I'd trust to him play well and/or stay healthy.

I wouldn't touch him. Even though he'd be a typical White Sox acquisition. A once productive player who's fallen off the map due to injuries, ect.

Blalock does mash lefties.... and might be a nice sub if Teahen doesn't have the offense at 3B. I could see it as a decent option now that we have enough OF.

DH and occasional 3B would likely keep him healthy. Wouldn't be the worst signing on paper, he's got nice power, and could platoon against lefties.

QUOTE (1977 sox fan @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 07:03 AM)
But i think he would be a good pick up and probably cheaper then what matsui got . i for one did not want matsui i mean hitting in that lineup no pressure even in the series i think the angels will regret that signing . but i think Hank would be good for us . we are picking up other Rangers vizqeul jones so why not . but for the sox he is on the wrong side of 30 so i think Ozzie KW might not like him . so far i really don't like our lineup i can't explain it its like we have nobody that fits in the right order . i mean after pierre is beckham really best place to hit is 2nd and if not him who ? and if CQ hits 3rd who will clean up ? i have seen AJ Konerko but neither is really a clean up hitter and if we did put konerko 4th who bats 5th again AJ TEAHEN ? and most lineups i see here have our DH batting last DH AT 9 OMG . WE NEED ANOTHER BAT KW . :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (chunk23 @ Dec 18, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)
We're already wasting enough roster spots on old and busted players, we don't have room for Blalock.

While I agree another hitter would make me more comfortable to start the season, I think some people are going overboard on the "Sox are old" thing. Five of the 8 starting position players are under 30. Three of the 5 starting pitchers are under 30. Nobody, except for Vizquel, is older than 34. The Sox are not old.

Who cares if the bench is old? They're on short contracts and are easily replaceable.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 11:58 AM)
While I agree another hitter would make me more comfortable to start the season, I think some people are going overboard on the "Sox are old" thing. Five of the 8 starting position players are under 30. Three of the 5 starting pitchers are under 30. Nobody, except for Vizquel, is older than 34. The Sox are not old.

Who cares if the bench is old? They're on short contracts and are easily replaceable.

i don't think the sox are old . it was more to who they are picking up this year .

Bottom line is, we need a serious hitter. A star player. We clearly can't afford one, so it'll have to come via trade. I still think there's a chance Jenks goes. I think they got Putz so he could set up Thornton. Freddy Dolsi could fill the missing short relief spot.

Ideally, they get someone to overpay for Linebrink instead, but that's just wishful thinking.