Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
Tired of talking to automated call centers? GetHuman.com

Got me through to ATT tech support almost instantly (after 10 minutes running in circles with their dumb automated system)

That is a pretty handy set of direct numbers to have. I just bookmarked it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
Toilet at home stopped working, wife is sick, and fell off bike on way to work today.

Not an auspicious start to the week.

It can only go up from here. Well, hopefully the toilet ends up going down

Toilet at home stopped working, wife is sick, and fell off bike on way to work today.

so, funny story. A couple of years back, my wife and I got home after spending some time at my parents house. I go sit on the toilet and the WATER TANK cracks and water just starts spilling EVERYWHERE. My wife hears it, walks in and here I am with my pant around my ankles with this look like "what the hell just happened?"

How does a toilet "stop working"? Open up the top, fix the chain, toilet fixed!

If it's a deeper issue, the replacement parts can be picked up for like $9.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
How does a toilet "stop working"? Open up the top, fix the chain, toilet fixed!

If it's a deeper issue, the replacement parts can be picked up for like $9.

Not when you're a renter and buying replacement parts and installing them is prohibited by your housing contract.

Were you at the T-Recs today? I saw a "Balta" on the towel sign-out sheet. (yes, i'm stalking you :ph34r: )

Edited by dasox24

Just a couple weeks ago I would sit in my office on a hot day sweating my balls off. Well apparently they fixed the AC and it turns out I have a vent all to myself, which is nice except now I'm freezing and my balls are shriveling.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
My wife and I have been talking about moving to Florida sometime in the next 5 years and I just saw a job opening that is right down my ally, but it's just a little too soon. DAG GUM IT!

STRETCH! GET ON BACK!

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 14, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
Courtesy of Cracked.com... Animaniacs was a kids' show kind of but not really. This is about the most blatant dirty joke I've ever seen in a cartoon that wasn't intentionally (ostensibly anyway) intended for grown-ups.

The Animaniacs were my all-time favorite cartoon. the innuendo was awesome. I have the box sets on DVD even.

To anyone who works in Tech support, you are a better person than me. I consider myself to be an extremely patient person (and I believe everyone I know would agree), but I had to just hang up on my mom while talking her through a simple computer procedure. I feel like I might as well have been talking an Alzheimer's patient through brain surgery.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
To anyone who works in Tech support, you are a better person than me. I consider myself to be an extremely patient person (and I believe everyone I know would agree), but I had to just hang up on my mom while talking her through a simple computer procedure. I feel like I might as well have been talking an Alzheimer's patient through brain surgery.

My wife's aunt is like that, she calls me for everything about her computer that is more complicated than turning it on or using Internet Explorer. When she got a new laptop she had the Norton thing come up and ask her something like did she want to pay a promotional rate now, or wait and do it later (for more $$) or to decline. She's like "what's this box?" I said it pretty much means exactly what it says. Do you want an antivirus subscription or not?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 04:55 PM)

logmein.com

or

GoToMyPC.com

Those may help you a lot.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 17, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
My wife and I have been talking about moving to Florida sometime in the next 5 years and I just saw a job opening that is right down my ally, but it's just a little too soon. DAG GUM IT!

Hurricanes, dude.

Anybody else think that the whole Gatorade G Series thing is stupid? I mean seriously, who's going to follow that ridiculous regimen? The only place I've seen where you can buy the Prime and Recover is at Dick's.