Republican 2012 Nomination Thread

Texsox

QUOTE ( :usa Tex @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
What actions do you want to see that will not be popular?

We need a leader like Perry that will help break this great country apart. I was a big fan of his when he considered seceding from the union.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
What actions do you want to see that will not be popular?

Goodbye to government entitlements. Safety nets are one thing, entitlements are another. You all would die if social security, government backed health care, etc. were changed to actually make it work instead of being a hand out.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 4, 2011 -> 07:13 PM)
Goodbye to government entitlements. Safety nets are one thing, entitlements are another. You all would die if social security, government backed health care, etc. were changed to actually make it work instead of being a hand out.

And that would be unpopular? I'd be in favor of balancing the budget by shutting down the entitlement programs and once people face starving or working, they will start working, what other option would they have? Stop Pell grants and subsidized student loans and force those students into Community Colleges that can deliver a program they can afford. That would also stop the b.s. with the for profit schools. Last I saw the military was still hiring and offering college classes. Privatize unemployment insurance. Make workers buy it, if they want. Reign in Social Security. Push Social Security back to 72. If you want to retire sooner, than save some money.

Why wouldn't that be popular with Republicans?

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 5, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
Go for it. While you're at it, keep handing out money that the Chinese have.

I'm the one that always argues for a balanced budget. Y'all want to cut taxes to the rich so they will personally create jobs. Then let's run the country on what the middle class can afford. That will pretty much shut down all entitlements. We're going to deficit ourselves into oblivion, but at least the rich will keep their money.

And I'd rather spend money locking people up, then maybe they won't have as many kids that the next generation will support. Starve or work.

:lol:

God Urges Rick Perry Not To Run For President

AUSTIN, TX—Describing Texas Gov. Rick Perry as grossly unqualified for the position, God, the Creator and Ruler of the Universe, urged Perry not to run for president of the United States Wednesday. “I prayed last night and asked the Lord to support my candidacy, and He said no,” Perry told reporters outside the Texas Capitol, explaining that God had cited the governor’s rejection of federal stimulus funds to expand state jobless benefits, his irresponsible speculation about Texas seceding from the union, and his overall lack of concrete solutions to nation’s problems as reasons why He could not endorse a Perry presidential bid. “I believe God made some valid points about my lack of credentials, and He’s absolutely right. My extreme beliefs when it comes to social issues and states’ rights are not only disturbingly narrow-minded, but would also make me a horrible president.” When reached for comment, God said He would not be present at Perry’s much-talked-about Christian day of prayer on Aug. 6, calling the governor’s use of his public office to endorse a religion both “irresponsible” and a violation of the Constitution.

via

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
We can only hope (and change).

Although, a termite in a yo yo is a better candidate then any of the idiots on the GOP side right now.

No love for Herman Cain? Rick Perry? And then Allen West isn't running, but I pray to God he was.

I agree that Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin need to disappear. Romney's every bit the smarmy, flip-flopping RINO that Charlie Crist is and Palin's just a moron. I don't like the left's obsessive hatred for her and her family, but I don't want her being the main face of America for the next four years.

I'm hoping for a Perry/Cain ticket.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
You know, actually, Herman Cain is probably the best of the bunch, except he's too blunt. Go figure. I mean, if you want to get elected, you can't run around saying that people should have the choice whether or not to have a mosque in their own community. (GASP!!!!!!) You become instantly unelectable. That, and Michele Baughmann takes away all his tea party love, and she is thoroughly unelectable vs. Obama.

Rick Perry... ugh. I cannot stand him. He's a slimeball, but certainly a whole lot better then Romney or McCain three years ago.

Currently, I am leaning towards Romney.

Rick Perry Flip Flops On Gay Marriage, Backs Federal Ban

So much for states' rights.

Texas Governor Rick Perry, one of the country's most prominent defenders of the 10th Amendment, is making an exception when it comes to gay marriage. After initially telling reporters that it's "fine with me" if states like New York legalize same-sex unions through their own legislature, Perry is pulling a 180 and calling for a Federal Marriage Amendment.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
He has been in worse spots before and has never, *never* lost an election.

Tex, liberals will let you know who they are scared of most, because they are usually trying to convince everyone else that they are bad for the job.

QUOTE (Tex @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 05:32 PM)
He has been in worse spots before and has never, *never* lost an election.

He's in the heart of God and guns country. Probably not that hard to lose there when he shares those values.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 1, 2011 -> 07:09 PM)
Tex, liberals will let you know who they are scared of most, because they are usually trying to convince everyone else that they are bad for the job.

For some reason this just popped into my head: every Democrat who runs for President is somehow analytically determined to be "The Most Liberal Congressman/Gov EVER!"

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
I'll be honest...

- I'm not scared of Rick Perry being able to beat Obama

- I'm not scared of Mitt Romney being able to beat Obama

- I am scared of Jon Huntsman being able to beat Obama

The economic policy institute estimates that the deal signed today will cost 1.9 million jobs by the end of 2012.

If it's even half that, and there's no surge of investment elsewhere, you can be scared of any of them beating Obama.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 2, 2011 -> 05:48 PM)
Funny how all of a sudden the media is noticing that austerity budgets in the middle of a stalled recession are actually a bad thing. Too bad they never bothered to press politicians on this over the last two months.

That's been noticed?