Do I have a girl car?

shipps

I feel like a beeatch   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Is SHIPPS driving a girl ride?

• Yes
    • No
    • He is driving a cheap low class ride...

As some of you know I wrecked my old car which was a Chrysler 300. I miss it dearly. But I got a pretty good settlement from the insurance company for my car being totalled but I didnt want to spend all of it on another car so I went the cheaper route.

It has been eating at me since I bought my used car and I dont know if its in my head or not. I feel like I have the girliest of all girl rides. I see nothing but nurses at work driving them and others have said my car is so cute and it drives me nuts. I bought a blue 02' Jeep Liberty.

Probably yes. I bought a Honda CR-V and the reaction from women is that it's cute. Then I notice that there are millions of cr-v's on the road and all are driven by women...and me. So, I know your pain. But I love the car, so whatever.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
I have to say yes. Why not go with a Wrangler?

Woman.

LOL Jerk.

The Wrangler is what I wanted but it was ten grand more so I put down my pride and went with the cheaper route. I might go back and get the Wrangler after reading the outcome of this poll.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 09:57 AM)
LOL Jerk.

The Wrangler is what I wanted but it was ten grand more so I put down my pride and went with the cheaper route. I might go back and get the Wrangler after reading the outcome of this poll.

Yeah, the Wrangler's have pretty incredible resale value. If you can deal with the s***ty gas milelage though, wow, what a great car. I had a Sahara with both hard and soft tops for about 2 years before I had to sell it to go back to school. Probably the most fun car I have ever had...

I mean, yeah, it's a chick car but who really cares? I have a friend who has a yellow Xterra and we always give him s*** b/c we've never seen anyone else except girls drive that car, but really, we ride in it all the time 'cause it doesn't matter. I'd take that over my '02 Taurus with 150k miles.

I'd say yeah as well.

Although when I was in high school some guy got a brand new 2002 Blue Jeep Liberty, he always parked it away from all the other kids because he didn't want it to get hit. But that didn't matter when the first ice storm of the year happened because his car was nailed twice in one day.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
There's no such thing as a girl car IMO. I would drive anything without feeling self conscious.

Agreed. Going from point A to point B is all that matters nowadays. I'm not in high school anymore, so I'm not "showing off." I'm trying to go to work and pay bills. Though I'll admit now that I'm jobless.. :( but usually a couple of buddies of mine, who made fun of my car from back then, didn't even have a car so they can't talk or else they were not getting rides. But now that my ride (it was a Nissan Sentra btw) is gone, it's all moot.. I'd kill to have my car back right now instead of no car.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 31, 2010 -> 11:56 PM)
I'm only saying yes because it's you. :D Hell, I got s*** from people in high school and I had a black '98 Mustang. I've had a black '99 Mustang and a baby blue '07 Mustang since. HPIM0048.jpg

That is one beautiful car JPN. Mustangs are the only Fords I really like.

Anyway, "girl car" is subjective. My car (model/color in pic below) is called a girls car because of its horn and "cuteness". Well, it was my moms (she got my grandmas Lincoln, but didn't like it, and was able to sell it to mostly cover an 09 black Honda Accord), and is the newest car in the highschool in terms of years. Quite frankly, if you like you're car, you're good.

Quick note: My car is also the only car that runs decently at the highschool. It just sucks in snow.

img28141na.jpg

Edited by Quinarvy