Relationship Advice Thread

witesoxfan

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 26, 2010 -> 02:09 AM)
Yeah, that's what I mean... And I'm sure his situation is nothing to worry about. I just shared my experience (even if it is extreme) to show that weird stuff can happen even if you think a relationship is great. I think in most cases if a girl is that "into" you, then she really likes you.

I agree. Women are crazy though.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 02:24 AM)
Am I going to lose respect among the great White Sox fans of this message board if I date a Cubs fan?

Not at all. In fact.. my best relationship (wasn't even my longest relationship FYI) was with a chick that was a Cubs fan (though I helped change that.. ;) now were just friends and she likes the sox) It was pretty good to have that back and forth competition and certain trash talk between us. Good for the friends too who are sox fans (my closest friends :D) and my cub friends who (along with her) ganged up on us when we played each other. When we broke up, it was a nice and clean one, nothing harsh/nasty. She is the only ex that I'm still real cool with oddly enough.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 04:24 AM)
Am I going to lose respect among the great White Sox fans of this message board if I date a Cubs fan?

When she realizes that you aren't as fun when the Sox lose she will start rooting for the Sox to win.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 03:31 AM)
Not at all. In fact.. my best relationship (wasn't even my longest relationship FYI) was with a chick that was a Cubs fan (though I helped change that.. ;) now were just friends and she likes the sox) It was pretty good to have that back and forth competition and certain trash talk between us. Good for the friends too who are sox fans (my closest friends :D) and my cub friends who (along with her) ganged up on us when we played each other. When we broke up, it was a nice and clean one, nothing harsh/nasty. She is the only ex that I'm still real cool with oddly enough.

Same here, although she is still a Cubs fan.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Nah, I don't think I've ever dated or had a fling with a Sox fan.

Admit it though guys, imagine what it would be like if we were dating a Sox fan who would fulfill this fantasy but wearing White Sox gear instead. I'd be game for that! :headbang

Edited by The Beast

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
I have, it was actually not that much better. Baseball is kind of a guys thing to me like golf.

I agree. Because if she likes the Sox a lot, you can't say "I'm meeting the guys to watch the game."

You need something that is yours.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Mar 31, 2010 -> 01:59 PM)
I am too - believe it or not, sports allegiances are a very minor thing in the larger scheme of things.

It's funny, we both said before we met that we wouldn't date somebody who likes the other team. But now, neither of us seem to care about that at all. We're not to the point where I'd say we are a couple right now, but we're definitely getting there.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 1, 2010 -> 12:20 AM)
It's funny, we both said before we met that we wouldn't date somebody who likes the other team. But now, neither of us seem to care about that at all. We're not to the point where I'd say we are a couple right now, but we're definitely getting there.

My gf family is die hard cubs and it actually is kind of fun getting into it with them over baseball.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 02:36 AM)
Ahh, ok.

Best of luck, my friend.

Thanks.

It's going to be interesting. She has said she wants to move out to Seattle with no strings attached to South Dakota (other than her parents, of course), but over the past week or so has been talking about how she could see herself marrying me. We have about 4 and a half months left together before that date, so we'll just have to see how it plays out.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 05:22 AM)
Thanks.

It's going to be interesting. She has said she wants to move out to Seattle with no strings attached to South Dakota (other than her parents, of course), but over the past week or so has been talking about how she could see herself marrying me. We have about 4 and a half months left together before that date, so we'll just have to see how it plays out.

You arent considering jumping to Seattle, are you?