Tigers Sign Damon - 1 yr, 8 mil; NTC

chetkincaid

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
All of those numbers are consistent with his recent year's performance save 1; the HR number. That 24 HR he put up last year was by being a Yankee Stadium hitter. He hit 7 HR on the Road and 14 at Yankee Stadium. I don't think he touches 20+ HR outside of that stadium.

Either that HR total is off or your numbers are. Just being nitpicky.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 05:13 PM)
Either that HR total is off or your numbers are. Just being nitpicky.

You're correct. He hit 7 on the road and 17 at Yankee Stadium. Typo on my part. Makes my point even stronger. He's not going to hit 20 HR without that ballpark, IMO.

Also worth noting...he put up a .795 OPS on the road last year an da .915 OPS at home. Now, lots of guys do better at home than on the road after a plane flight, but remember, this is a unique stadium effect there too.

It's a Boras client, I take every media report with a grain of salt. I could easily see him wanting to get more $$ out of the Tigers so he leaks the White Sox as interested.

I would really like if Damon was on the White Sox, I think it would make perfect sense and make the team better, however I just don't see it happening with the 2/14 deal being reported, I don't see the Sox beating that.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Feb 11, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
It's a Boras client, I take every media report with a grain of salt. I could easily see him wanting to get more $$ out of the Tigers so he leaks the White Sox as interested.

I would really like if Damon was on the White Sox, I think it would make perfect sense and make the team better, however I just don't see it happening with the 2/14 deal being reported, I don't see the Sox beating that.

Of course, the 2/14 number might not be right either.

Some of that could be deferred and such. As Mike said, perhaps Damon feels he can get more in FA next season and he could sign a one year deal instead. If I was Damon however, I would have a better shot going to the postseason with the Sox than you would with the Tigers, even though the Tigers are a solid team. I just think it'll probably go down to the Twins and our Sox as far as this division. Hopefully he feels the same way. (though the tigers can definitely surprise)

Edited by SoxAce

I actually disagree Ace, I think the 2 year deal is what Damon wants still. I think the prospect of going year to year is not appealing to someone like him at this point in his career, he can look at players like Dye as perfect examples of a situation he does not want to be in next year should he have a down year

Did anyone here honsestly think that KW would let an all star caliber player whose demands fell from 3 yrs 36 Mil to 1 year 5 mil go to the rival Tigers without trying to make a play here. He wouldnt be doing his job if he didnt try and get involved, not to mention the sox could actually use Damon. I really hope they can snatch him away from the tigers, it could mean the division for us.