Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
Indy +3.5

Jets -7

I'll be interested to see if Collie plays...he's listed as questionable but has practiced the last two days. The Colts have really been lucky though the last few weeks, getting outplayed badly but managing to come away 1-1. The Bengals had a FIVE turnover deficit against the Colts and still covered the spread. Teams that are -5 in turnovers in a game are something like 4-127 ATS since 1989. I don't believe the Patriots are especially great either, but I do like them to play well for the second straight week.

Houston has not covered the spread in 5 games. Teams that have not covered in 5 or more games and are not favored by 3 or more points are on a 21-1 run ATS right now. The Jets are also sitting in a home letdown situation. The Jets have also been extremely lucky recently, so I am going to play the Texans and expect some of the bounces to go against the Jets for the first time in a while.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Nov 20, 2010 -> 09:42 PM)
I'll be interested to see if Collie plays...he's listed as questionable but has practiced the last two days. The Colts have really been lucky though the last few weeks, getting outplayed badly but managing to come away 1-1. The Bengals had a FIVE turnover deficit against the Colts and still covered the spread. Teams that are -5 in turnovers in a game are something like 4-127 ATS since 1989. I don't believe the Patriots are especially great either, but I do like them to play well for the second straight week.

Houston has not covered the spread in 5 games. Teams that have not covered in 5 or more games and are not favored by 3 or more points are on a 21-1 run ATS right now. The Jets are also sitting in a home letdown situation. The Jets have also been extremely lucky recently, so I am going to play the Texans and expect some of the bounces to go against the Jets for the first time in a while.

My God, my picks are awful today.

When was the last time that there were three Caucasian halfbacks that played atleast semi-prominent roles in the NFL? Hillis is obviously a monster, Woodhead just scored again and has been a great player for New England, and Gerhart has been a pretty solid backup in Minnesota, even if he is backing up one of the best running backs in the league.

QUOTE (knightni @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
My God, my picks are awful today.

I got beat up pretty badly today. Need the Eagles to roll to salvage the day. The Browns were +6 in the turnover margin until their final drive of that game and STILL managed to lose. That's like virtually impossible to do. The officials really screwed over Detroit....they kept calling horse collar penalties on key downs which were bs...especially one where they tackled Marion Barber by his hair. Just a poor job of officiating...ended up really changing the composition of the game. The Cardinals never showed up today at all, although the refs managed to screw them over in a key part of the game as well. And then of course, the Pats let the Colts back in the game by playing prevent defense against Peyton Manning (STUPID).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
Jon Kitna scored a touchdown on a 29 yard bootleg. Never thought I would type that.

Looks like Garrett's got the job for next year if we keep playing this hard for the rest of the year.

As long as they keep getting the ball into Dez Bryant's hands, I'm happy. Always been a fan. He's ridiculously talented.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 21, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)
How many times has Young been benched, forgotten about, and then re-anointed the starter?

Supposedly done for good this time. He'd be a good pickup for the Bills that would allow them to use their 1st rounder on something else, as either he or Fitzpatrick would be able to run the offense.