Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
When the Patriots go for it on 4th down in a blowout, this is why people cheered when Brady's knee got blown out (not that we don't deserve the shame b/c we suck to day, but still)

They did? Wow.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
When the Patriots go for it on 4th down in a blowout, this is why people cheered when Brady's knee got blown out (not that we don't deserve the shame b/c we suck to day, but still)

It is the 3rd quarter of an NFL game, get some balls. Also, what exactly would you want them to do from the 28 in these conditions? Punt? Kick a FG that has no chance of going in?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)
That is the first WTF? JAY throw in a long while. Oh well.

Yea that was bad, but if Hester was actually a bigger (or better) WR, he would of had the TD prior.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 06:37 PM)
It is the 3rd quarter of an NFL game, get some balls. Also, what exactly would you want them to do from the 28 in these conditions? Punt? Kick a FG that has no chance of going in?

Just in general. That's pretty much what Belichick does. I don't really care right now though because the Bears are getting the s*** kicked out of themselves right now so being "shown up" or whatever isn't really an issue.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Just in general. That's pretty much what Belichick does.

Exactly, which is why he's awesome. Lovie needs to learn a thing or two (or 1,000) from Belichick.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 05:40 PM)
Just in general. That's pretty much what Belichick does. I don't really care right now though because the Bears are getting the s*** kicked out of themselves right now so being "shown up" or whatever isn't really an issue.

This is the top level of Football. The Patriots should continue playing the game (of course at their own peril). If the Bears don't like it, stop them.

I don't care about Cutler's 2 INTs today. He was put in a situation in the 2nd half where the game was already out of reach and he had to try to make something happen. After the first half I was thinking to myself, "If Cutler throws 4 INTs this half I don't care because he has to try to get the Bears back in the game any way he can."

That fumble by Knox might've been down by contact, but before I am willing to give him a break he needs to have several games in a row where he knows what he's supposed to be lined up on every play, finishes his route, holds onto the ball without it bouncing off his hands, and challenges for the ball if Cutler doesn't throw it right on his hands or at his chest. He still does way too much rookie s***.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 07:21 PM)
Jets lose to the Dolphins today.. LOL.

I'm sure Carl will be very happy about this.

why is that LOL? Dolphins should be 8-5 and prolly 9-4 if they didn't crap their pants against Cleveland..

Im not as happy about that though as the Bears getting thoroughly raped, im so tired of hearing Bears fans thinking that they are any good..

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
why is that LOL? Dolphins should be 8-5 and prolly 9-4 if they didn't crap their pants against Cleveland..

Im not as happy about that though as the Bears getting thoroughly raped, im so tired of hearing Bears fans thinking that they are any good..

Yeah, it sucks that the screw job vs Pittsburgh really killed the Phins playoff hopes.

I like the Dolphins too and I hate making excuses but Miami really "lost" more games this year than being beat.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Yeah, it sucks that the screw job vs Pittsburgh really killed the Phins playoff hopes.

I like the Dolphins too and I hate making excuses but Miami really "lost" more games this year than being beat.

it was a screw job vs Pitt but there is no excuse for losing to Cleveland and they gave the game away against the Patriots the first time..

Their OC is a dinosaur who is way past his time, once they get that fixed next season and get some people healthy then they will be where they need to..

As for now, they get Detroit and Buffalo at home and then a walk against a home field clinched Patriots depth squad.. its looking like 10-6 which ide be happy to have after the brutal schedule they faced the first half of the season..

QUOTE (T R U @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
it was a screw job vs Pitt but there is no excuse for losing to Cleveland and they gave the game away against the Patriots the first time..

Their OC is a dinosaur who is way past his time, once they get that fixed next season and get some people healthy then they will be where they need to..

As for now, they get Detroit and Buffalo at home and then a walk against a home field clinched Patriots depth squad.. its looking like 10-6 which ide be happy to have after the brutal schedule they faced the first half of the season..

Do you think Henne is the QB to lead the Dolphins into the future? I think they should entertain a trade to acquire Kolb.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
Do you think Henne is the QB to lead the Dolphins into the future? I think they should entertain a trade to acquire Kolb.

Hes been so inconsistent this year, but it doesn't help him that they run play action on 3rd and long or when they are down late in the game and its obvious a pass is coming anyways.. Henning just doesn't know what hes doing as an OC now.. he got lucky the wildcat caught everyone off guard and they were able to get 2 solid years out of it but that's over and done now.. hes like 64 years old, its time for him to go..

I think if they get a good young OC that will open up the playbook Henne will be fine, ide rather them give him one more year under a new offensive mind that have to burn a 1st round pick on Mallet or Locker (If Mallet even lasts that long) and start all over..

The problem with acquiring Kolb is its going to cost a 1st because they don't have a 2nd and I doubt Philly is going to deal him for a 3rd.. their defense is championship caliber, all they need to do is insert a new philosophy into the offense and actually play to Henne strengths and I think he can do more than enough to put them at the top of the league..

Im just sick of seeing play action on 3rd and long, a wildcat out of nowhere that kills the drive/momentum, and 2 WR routes on crucial 3rd down plays.. its so frustrating..

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 12, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
That fumble by Knox might've been down by contact, but before I am willing to give him a break he needs to have several games in a row where he knows what he's supposed to be lined up on every play, finishes his route, holds onto the ball without it bouncing off his hands, and challenges for the ball if Cutler doesn't throw it right on his hands or at his chest. He still does way too much rookie s***.

He also dropped a nice 3rd down throw by Cutler. Cutler wasn't bad in that game, we just had a disasterous performance. Wow, wow wow, ugly.

Not as bad as the Giants game, but close.

Cutler's performance is really irrelevant in this game. Nobody on the team did anything worth mentioning except the return unit. At all. Thorough domination, so yes, the QB's stats are going to look bad. There was no way they were winning that game regardless of what Cutler did.

Tommie Harris is talking about we'll be seeing the Patriots again in the Super Bowl. Really now, after that kind of ass beating, you just don't have the right to talk trash, that's just stupid. And Harris is one of the last players on this team who should be talking any kind of s***.