Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 09:25 PM)
If it was in any of those cities, it would be 3/4 Bears fans.

It would be like a home game.

It was like that the last time the Bears played the Rams here. Of course that was the Super Bowl year. It was a blast though, Hester had 2 return TDs.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 15, 2010 -> 05:58 PM)
You can't have it in Chicago, giving the Bears an extra home game all together is completely unfair to the Vikings.

Like it was unfair for the Saints in 2005 when they had a "home game" against the Giants in the Meadowlands. Something tells me if they were playing the Giants this week instead of next week they would have no problem moving the game to New Jersey.

Whatever happened to "Bear weather"? Somewhere Dick Butkus is shaking his head.

"If I'm a Minnesota player, [or the] organization, yeah, I would like to have the last home game in Minnesota," Charles Tillman said. "But that being said, you got this icy field that nobody has played on since, I don't know, months.

"Is that right for the players, for their players, for us and our safety? No, it's not."

via

Kurt Warner digging his own grave on the NFL network talking about all the pressure he faced last year because he felt as though he had to be the savior of the Cardinals every single snap.

Can only imagine the Cardinals current/former players cannot be particularly happy about those comments.

Deion chided him for whining about it, saying "that's the reason you have to pick up your paycheck with a wheelbarrow every week."

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
Kurt Warner digging his own grave on the NFL network talking about all the pressure he faced last year because he felt as though he had to be the savior of the Cardinals every single snap.

Can only imagine the Cardinals current/former players cannot be particularly happy about those comments.

Deion chided him for whining about it, saying "that's the reason you have to pick up your paycheck with a wheelbarrow every week."

Then again, the Cards are 4-9 now that he is gone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)
Then again, the Cards are 4-9 now that he is gone.

No one's denying that Kurt Warner was great.

I think it's just funny that he was whining about having to be the focal point of that team. Seemed like everyone else did too.

I think it's pretty irresponsible for Matt Millen and Joe Thiesman to applaud the Chargers' player for staying in the punt coverage after losing his helmet early in the play. Isn't this the exact kind of thing the NFL is trying the prevent? Regardless of how "tough" the player is, you don't need to get killed on a play because you're diving around amongst players with helmets on. Disgusting that Millen and Thiesman would be shortsighted enough to praise him for it.

Is This Randy Moss Anonymously Bashing Jeff Fisher On Nashville Radio?

Someone named "Woody" called into our old friend Clay Travis's show, blasting Jeff Fisher and hoping he's done in Tennessee. Then someone else pointed out that it sounded an awful lot like malcontent receiver Randy Moss. Very interesting.

Here's Woody's call. The second half is the audio mixed with soundbites from Moss. You have to admit, they sound awfully similar.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
I think it's pretty irresponsible for Matt Millen and Joe Thiesman to applaud the Chargers' player for staying in the punt coverage after losing his helmet early in the play. Isn't this the exact kind of thing the NFL is trying the prevent? Regardless of how "tough" the player is, you don't need to get killed on a play because you're diving around amongst players with helmets on. Disgusting that Millen and Thiesman would be shortsighted enough to praise him for it.

Matt Millen shouldnt be allowed to state his opinion on anything related to NFL football. His legacy will be putting together the worst NFL team of all time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Matt Millen shouldnt be allowed to state his opinion on anything related to NFL football. His legacy will be putting together the worst NFL team of all time.

Seeing him talking football gives me hope I can find a full time job that I am not qualified for.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
I just learned that the Chief Operating Officer in charge of the Denver Broncos football operations is the cousin of one "George W. Bush".

I think that explains a lot.

I'm really hoping they play Tebow on Sunday, because before my degenerate ass left Vegas to come back to Chicago this week, I put the Raiders -6.5 in my parlay :)

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 06:13 PM)
I'm really hoping they play Tebow on Sunday, because before my degenerate ass left Vegas to come back to Chicago this week, I put the Raiders -6.5 in my parlay :)

Frankly, the Cardinals are playing a 6th round pick as their starter. Their season is over. Put the kid out there and let him start getting game experience, even if you think he's a complete moron and doesn't belong in an NFL huddle. Miracles do happen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
I just learned that the Chief Operating Officer in charge of the Denver Broncos football operations is the cousin of one "George W. Bush".

I think that explains a lot.

Nice, back to back political statements in the NFL thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 17, 2010 -> 05:32 PM)
Frankly, the Cardinals are playing a 6th round pick as their starter. Their season is over. Put the kid out there and let him start getting game experience, even if you think he's a complete moron and doesn't belong in an NFL huddle. Miracles do happen.

The difference is Orton has actually played very well in Denver while Anderson has played predictably horrible in Arizona. Additionally, Skelton is probably the most talented QB on Arizona's roster, while Tebow is most-likely not.

That being the case, Orton is really struggling with his rib injury. No need to put the guy through pain and chance for additional injury when you have Tebow sitting right there, especially since, as you said, their chance for the postseason is zero.