Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

It's snowing in Minneapolis. 4 inches expected by kickoff, around 8 inches total.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:30 AM)
You'd have a hard time convincing me to freeze my ass off to watch my underperforming home team from bleacher seating without any possibility of ordering beers at the game.

That's right, this game is dry.

And its general admission so to get the best seats you have to get there over two hours early. And sit in the snow/cold. Sober.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It'd be fine if they were forced to play on horrible field conditions on the opponents regular, home, NFL field but that's not the case here. They're putting the players at unnecessary risk playing a on field that's not meant to be played on at this time of year because they're so gun-ho about keeping the game in Minnesota rather than moving it to one of the readily available domes in the relative area. It's all just very silly.

Evidently Favre is going to test his shoulder 2 1/2 hours before the game and decide if he can go. Frazier must not feel comfortable with Webb or Ramsey playing tonight. Hopefully the Bears will force Ramsey to play by half-time and contain Webb so I can win my fantasy game.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 12:35 AM)
I don't understand the Texans. They have quality players on their team. It's not like they suck.

I don't get it either. I went to that Titans-Texans game yesterday and couldn't believe how dominating the Titans were (mainly in the 1st half). I thought Fisher had completely lost that team, but they sure came to play against the Texans. Regardless, there's no reason for the Texans to not be putting up a bunch of points and their defense definitely has some solid players that should have been able to keep the Titans in check. A Kerry Collins-led/quit on their coach-Titans team shouldn't have beaten the Texans.

I hope we get to hear "Woody" (aka Randy Moss) call in to Nashville sports talk radio again this week.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 11:26 AM)
There's a very serious risk of injury when you're tackled into what is essentially concrete.

lol you must have never played football on astro turf.. now that was like concrete

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)
According to ZacZ on The Score, the game could, theoretically, be cancelled tonight. The NFLPA and league officials met and agreed to a set of conditions that must be met to play the game. If they are not all met, the game could be canceled or protested by the NFLPA.

and then what the f*** happens

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 04:53 PM)
Super hyped for tonight. I'm gonna max on two Jimmy John's gargatuans and a truck load of Cheeze-its. So if you don't see me for a while it's because I had a massive heart attack

or because you got food poisoning from jimmy johns

ESPN"s Kevin Siefert blogs:

Just returned from a quick, early trip to the field at TCF Bank Stadium. More than anything, it's just really messy down there.

According to the NFL, the field was 35 degrees while heaters blew warm air under the tarp. The heaters were shut down a little before 4 p.m. ET, and at about 4:50 p.m. ET, grounds crew workers began removing the tarp. The only part of the field I could check out is the far perimeter, which not surprisingly is pretty hard.

In the meantime, grounds crew workers are shoveling and plowing snow into piles in two corners of the stadium. As long as the snow continues to fall at this rate, it will require constant effort to keep the field relatively free of snow.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
You're confusing Jimmy Johns with White Castle. Not sure what your experiences with them have been, but the one by my house is excellent. I've never had a single complaint. And f***ing god damn I'm hungry.

Not confusing anything my friend. I love Jimmy Johns, dont get me wrong, but they had some issues this month

http://foodpoisoning.pritzkerlaw.com/archi...-in-common.html

just warnin ya

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 05:12 PM)
Not confusing anything my friend. I love Jimmy Johns, dont get me wrong, but they had some issues this month

http://foodpoisoning.pritzkerlaw.com/archi...-in-common.html

just warnin ya

What the f*** is this? lol. Kyle, you are now my new worst enemy. I was all hype and s***. Couldn't you have let me eat and then post this? I hate you.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 20, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
What the f*** is this? lol. Kyle, you are now my new worst enemy. I was all hype and s***. Couldn't you have let me eat and then post this? I hate you.

next time I will let you post at 9 am the following morning complaining of vomiting blood, and then i will post the article. :D