The Big Board!

JPN366

Thanks to Heads for the template. This is the organizational depth chart based on where I speculate the players to be assigned to start out 2010. Bristol's roster is empty considering that it is filled with newly drafted players. I've included every player that I know of in the organization. Charlotte and Birmingham have more than the roster limit as of right now. I'll update it as things change during Spring Training.

The Big Board 1.0 2/27/10

The Big Board 1.5 2/28/10

The Big Board 1.8 3/10/10

The Big Board 2.0 3/12/10

The Big Board 2.1 3/16/10

The Big Board 2.7 3/17/10

The Big Board 2.8 3/23/10

The Big Board 3.0 3/25/10

The Big Board 3.1 3/29/10

The Big Board 3.2 3/30/10

The Big Board 4.0 3/31/10

The Big Board 4.6 4/1/10

Edited by JPN366

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
Thanks to Heads for the template. This is the organizational depth chart based on where I speculate the players to be assigned to start out 2010. Bristol's roster is empty considering that it is filled with newly drafted players. I've included every player that I know of in the organization. Charlotte and Birmingham have more than the roster limit as of right now. This is version 1.0, I'll update it as things change during Spring Training.

The Big Board 1.0

Charlotte's looking like they could have a good year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 27, 2010 -> 11:50 PM)
Good stuff, but I have a feeling Thompson and Holmberg will start in Kannapolis.

They could hit Kanny by mid season, but I was giving a conservative projection for them to start 2010. Or, they may start in Kanny, then head out to Great Falls in June.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
And I think Remenowsky is the closer where ever he goes.

Definitely a possibility. But maybe not immediately in B'ham, Santo Luis will get first crack at closing with the Barons. I don't have high hopes of that being successful.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 02:58 PM)
They could hit Kanny by mid season, but I was giving a conservative projection for them to start 2010.

If they're in rookie ball they won't start until mid season. I think Holmberg is the more prepared of the two for Low-A, Thompson could get abused if he starts with Kannapolis.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
If they're in rookie ball they won't start until mid season. I think Holmberg is the more prepared of the two for Low-A, Thompson could get abused if he starts with Kannapolis.

I know, but there's extended spring training, which is where they would be if they aren't assigned to Kanny or a higher level. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Thompson and Holmberg stay in Arizona until June.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
They could hit Kanny by mid season, but I was giving a conservative projection for them to start 2010. Or, they may start in Kanny, then head out to Great Falls in June.

I think the Sox will give both a look at Kannapolis to start. They have a history of sending high draft/prospects to Kanny to start the year and if they struggle, send them down to Great Falls (Chris Carter, Fransisco Hernandez).

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Feb 28, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)

Thompson probably would be crushed in Kanny, but that doesn't mean the Sox wouldn't give him a look there. Holmberg probably should start in Kanny, Thompson you could go either way depending on his offseason development.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 1, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
JPN, you don't think Leesman will make the Baron's roster with a good ST?

He could, it's only March 1st though. The Big Board is far from set in stone.

He could, it's only March 1st though. The Big Board is far from set in stone.

I tried to find any link detailing his pitch development but didn't come up with anything. His K/BB rate was ok but nothing to shout about, I hope he gets it together as our LH starter numbers are a little low.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 01:04 AM)
I tried to find any link detailing his pitch development but didn't come up with anything. His K/BB rate was ok but nothing to shout about, I hope he gets it together as our LH starter numbers are a little low.

He could do half the year in W-S, then the other half in B'ham. Depends on his success in W-S. Nobody knows yet how the new Dash stadium is going to play. Ernie Shore was a hitters park. Don't know yet what BB&T will be like.

He could do half the year in W-S, then the other half in B'ham. Depends on his success in W-S. Nobody knows yet how the new Dash stadium is going to play. Ernie Shore was a hitters park. Don't know yet what BB&T will be like.

I would like to see both Leesman and Holmberg perform very well and move up a level to start giving us depth from the left side.

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 7, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
Great job JPN ! Something I noticed though. Sergios Santos is out of options so if he doesn't make the 25 man roster he won't end up in the Sox minors will he ? With his arm someone will pick him up.

Probably the case, but I chose Torres for the final bullpen spot to start because he's the most versatile. Santos still has a chance, as do several other pitchers. Right now, those are the places I think they would fit best. If they can keep Santos without keeping him on the 25 man roster, then he needs more time in AAA.