Films Thread

knightni

QUOTE (G&T @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
It was one of the worst movies I have every seen. Those might be the most annoying people I have ever watched on film.

I can't believe I watched the whole thing. It was so annoying and even though it's only 88 minutes long, it felt like a 3 hour movie.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 17, 2010 -> 03:33 AM)
Probably most excited for Inception. Leo Decaprio + Christopher Nolan has to be awesome. And it looks like it'll be an amazing cinematic experience with stunning visuals.

Yeap, I've had this on my radar for about a year now, and am extremely excited for it.

Synopsis

Towards the end of World War II the staff of SS officer Hans Kammler made a significant breakthrough in anti-gravity.

From a secret base built in the Antarctic, the first Nazi spaceships were launched in late ‘45 to found the military base Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun) on the dark side of the Moon. This base was to build a powerful invasion fleet and return to take over the Earth once the time was right.

Now it’s 2018, the Nazi invasion is on its way and the world is goose-stepping towards its doom.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 20, 2010 -> 12:17 AM)
So I read somewhere today that Megan Fox isn't going to be in Transformers 3.

Heard this rumor before, but I wonder if it's actually true or not.

They need to use Odette Yustman.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:17 PM)
So I read somewhere today that Megan Fox isn't going to be in Transformers 3.

Heard this rumor before, but I wonder if it's actually true or not.

I think it is confirmed now, she gawn

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Haha! Looks awesomely terrible. Have you seen Dead Snow?

I havent, but when I was reading about this movie, I found this funny

Iron Sky is brought to us from the creators of the Star Trek spoof, Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning

Probably just going to be a explosion movie with cheesy bad dialogue

QUOTE (Brian @ May 19, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
I have no clue what Inception is about but that is what I like about it. Going to try and stay away from reviews as well until I see it.

I saw a new trailer for it the other day, that came out earlier this month. I hadn't realized how many big names there were in the cast, outside of just DiCaprio. There are 4-5 names that have been nominated for or won Academy awards of one kind or another. Other names in the movie include Ken Watanabe, Michael Caine, Tom Berenger, Marilon Cottilard, and Ellen Page. Very interested to see how this movie turns out.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 21, 2010 -> 07:44 AM)
I saw a new trailer for it the other day, that came out earlier this month. I hadn't realized how many big names there were in the cast, outside of just DiCaprio. There are 4-5 names that have been nominated for or won Academy awards of one kind or another. Other names in the movie include Ken Watanabe, Michael Caine, Tom Berenger, Marilon Cottilard, and Ellen Page. Very interested to see how this movie turns out.

To me it looks like the Matrix meets Johnny Pneumonic. And I am not saying that is a bad thing

QUOTE (knightni @ May 20, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
They need to use Odette Yustman.

Sounds as if Gemma Arterton is the favorite ATM.

She's pretty much the "it girl" of the movie industry currently I'd say. Brooklyn Dekker, Miranda Kerr and 1 other supermodel was mooted I think also.

Regarding Megan Fox and T3....

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/...2341/story.html

After a tumultuous back-and-forth through the media with director Michael Bay last year, actress Megan Fox will not be involved in Transformers 3.

When Variety announced the news of Fox's departure, it was reported that the franchise's director was looking to find star Shia LaBeouf a new love interest. But Fox told People the decision was all hers. "It was her decision not to return. She wishes the franchise the best," a rep for the actress told the magazine.

In a September interview with a British magazine, Fox compared Bay with Adolf Hitler and suggested that appearing in Transformer films does not involve much acting.

Bay responded at the time that the 24-year-old actress had "a lot of growing up to do." Despite the heated words, on his website last October, Bay had suggested Fox would be appearing in the latest instalment and welcomed her back.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 21, 2010 -> 06:54 PM)

LOL @:

In a September interview with a British magazine, Fox compared Bay with Adolf Hitler and suggested that appearing in Transformer films does not involve much acting.

Ya don't say.

Saw MacGruber on Friday night. The reviews weren't that great for it, but I thought it was pretty funny and definitely enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much heading into it though, so perhaps that helped it out.

QUOTE (Felix @ May 23, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
Saw MacGruber on Friday night. The reviews weren't that great for it, but I thought it was pretty funny and definitely enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting much heading into it though, so perhaps that helped it out.

Being a movie based of a spoof on SNL I don't think people should be going into it thinking its going to be some incredible movie.. I went and saw it yesterday afternoon and I thought it was pretty funny..

I thought Val Kilmer was awesome in it..

QUOTE (T R U @ May 25, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Being a movie based of a spoof on SNL I don't think people should be going into it thinking its going to be some incredible movie.. I went and saw it yesterday afternoon and I thought it was pretty funny..

I thought Val Kilmer was awesome in it..

That's because he's awesome in everything.