knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ICP! @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
Me and my fiancee got in an argument on the way home from seeing Inception because I didnt understand a God damn thing in it.

I love complex movies but I was not in the mood or even have the energy after working all day to stay with this one.

Sounds like seeing Knowing all over again.

FWIW, just saw Inception, thought it was very good to great, not as good as the Dark Knight, but still an amazing film in it's own right.

I'll post some more detailed thoughts tomorrow when I get the time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
I actually thought "She's Out Of My League" was pretty funny. And I usually hate those type of movies. The girl is insanely hot as well.

I agree with all of this. I cant wait to see her in more movies, so hot.

Edited by Sonik22

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
I can wait until it comes out on DVD. Not really super excited to see it even with the glowing reviews.

If you change your mind Kev just let me know I want to go see it again.

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of Chicago Overcoat, but I watched that tonight. It's actually still in limited release, I believe, but I have a bootleg copy.

It stars Frank Vincent and has appearances by Stacy Keach, Armand Assante, and Mike Starr. It definitely wasn't a great movie, but I enjoyed it enough. There were a lot of Chicago locations.

Jeremy Renner confirmed as Clint Barton/Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo confirmed as Bruce Banner/Hulk at Comicon tonite in an Avengers sit-down. They both were announced as their characters along with Robert Downey Jr(Ironman), Chris Evans(Captain America), Scarlett Johannsen(Black Widow), Samuel L Jackson(Nick Fury) and Chris Hemsworth(Thor).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Didn't like that trailer as much as the previous one but still awesome. The light bikes are going to look amazing in Imax 3d.

I thought that the digital effect of making Jeff Bridges look 30 years younger was amazing in that trailer. I cannot wait to see it

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:47 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2217325:date=Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:33 AM:name=KyYlE23)-->
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
<!--quotec-->

Gareth Edwards is doing amazing things on absolute minimum budgets. If you haven't seen the sfx breakdown for the BBC Attila the Hun film he directed, here it is. Unreal.

I was reading about Monsters, they went to Brazil and Peru with the two stars and a crew of 5, and just paid extras where they found them and shot the film. That is truly amazing to me. I am starting to really like the shoestring budget sci-fi movies that have been coming out recently(Cloverfield, District 9) and this looks like it will fall into that mold as well

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Jeremy Renner confirmed as Clint Barton/Hawkeye and Mark Ruffalo confirmed as Bruce Banner/Hulk at Comicon tonite in an Avengers sit-down. They both were announced as their characters along with Robert Downey Jr(Ironman), Chris Evans(Captain America), Scarlett Johannsen(Black Widow), Samuel L Jackson(Nick Fury) and Chris Hemsworth(Thor).

I thought that the digital effect of making Jeff Bridges look 30 years younger was amazing in that trailer. I cannot wait to see it

Can they get someone to play the Hulk and actually stick? Three movies and three different actors.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:37 AM)
Can they get someone to play the Hulk and actually stick? Three movies and three different actors.

Im really dissapointed they didnt stick with Edward Norton, first they screwed up the film for him than they cut him out of the Avengers.... sucks.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Im really dissapointed they didnt stick with Edward Norton, first they screwed up the film for him than they cut him out of the Avengers.... sucks.

Yeah, I liked him as the Hulk, but didn't he make the choice not to reprise the role?

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 01:19 PM)
Yes and no, sounds like they basically low balled him because he is a giant pain in the ass to work with.

From all accounts he was great to work with on the set and really clicked well with the director the studio just decided to cut the movie their own way than avengers a deal was being negotiated and out of the blue signed this other guy.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
From all accounts he was great to work with on the set and really clicked well with the director the studio just decided to cut the movie their own way than avengers a deal was being negotiated and out of the blue signed this other guy.

Yeah the studio and Norton really butted heads in the editing room to the point where Norton didnt even want to promote the movie and said some really baited remarks in interviews.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 08:54 PM)
Watched "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" for the first time tonight. Upset I didn't see it sooner.

Interesting...I found it just incredibly depressing...and no pun intended, but speak of the Devil, Phillip Seymour Hoffman is at the A's-Sox game today. He will be playing Art Howe in Moneyball, which they will be filming tomorrow in Oakland.