Official 2010-2011 NCAA Basketball Thread

FWIW, several pre-season top 25s have just come out. They seemed to all have MSU, Purdue & Duke in the top 3. OSU was about in the 6-10 range, and Illinois seems to be ranked between 14-16 in nearly every pool. Wisconsin was around the 20-25 range or so.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Lighty broke his foot again! It's the same injury he had before that cost him the entire season (with a medical redshirt). Recovery time for this type of broken foot is usually 3 months or so. Not a very good sign when you start to have reoccuring breaks in the foot as a basketball player. I wish him a full recovery, he certainly is a key player with a lot of upside for the Bucks.

QUOTE (JuiceCruz16 @ May 13, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
David Lighty broke his foot again! It's the same injury he had before that cost him the entire season (with a medical redshirt). Recovery time for this type of broken foot is usually 3 months or so. Not a very good sign when you start to have reoccuring breaks in the foot as a basketball player. I wish him a full recovery, he certainly is a key player with a lot of upside for the Bucks.

SAme f***ing injury, not great. At least he has more time to heal this time around. f***

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
Any of you watched Darion Anderson from NIU much? Just transferred to ISU today.

I go to NIU, but I commute and have never been to one of our basketball games. We are not very good, in a bad basketball conference so I can't imagine that he is that much of anything.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 24, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
Knox decided on UNC. Very good news for UNC. He's not anything special, but providing 7 and 5 a game would be great for UNC this year.

If UNC isn't a sweet 16 team this year I will be disappointed.

He is a nice stopgap big body which is needed for this year. Plus it leaves the scholarship in place for a stud next. Good get for Roy. Glad he is coming in to help!!

This is the least shocking news ever. But I'm sure Calipari and ESPN will just pass this off as beyond his control since ESPN refuses to criticize him. I'm sure its just coincidence that he has had two final fours vacated and is now looking at a 30+ win season and an elite 8 being vacated.

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=29584

Random internet site says Izzo is gone. He let his players know, with a press conference to come later. I don't get it. He's one of the best college coaches around, already makes tons of money, and is going to a franchise in complete turmoil? Unless Lebron has promised to stick around, there's no way I'd go to Cleveland.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)

Random internet site says Izzo is gone. He let his players know, with a press conference to come later. I don't get it. He's one of the best college coaches around, already makes tons of money, and is going to a franchise in complete turmoil? Unless Lebron has promised to stick around, there's no way I'd go to Cleveland.

REALLY REALLY good for the rest of the Big Ten and really anyone who makes the tourney. It will be very hard for MSU to stay as good as they are without Izzo.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)

That tells me that LeBron isn't going anywhere.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
Really? You think the matchup Lebron/izzo works well?

Why would Izzo turn down a Rose-led Bulls team for a lottery-ish Cavs team without LeBron? With all of the teams that Izzo has turned down before, he sure isn't going to the NBA to rebuild a team.