GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Maybe Jones is down and needs a confidence boost so he is putting him the situation to see how he does.

I think the dude that's hitting .197 as a member of the White Sox while making an outrageous amount of money can use a confidence boost.

Get this guy a set routine, coddle him, vote for him as best CF on the team (this is an important one), put him in the 5th slot behind Konerko and leave him there. He could potentially have a monster year.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
i have comcast...what channel is CLTV...i had to get one of those stupid convertor boxes and now i dont have waht used to be CLTV

For me it's 41 for CLTV and 285 for the CSN+ HD.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Can I just say how proud I am of being on a Sox message board, that allows debate, and doesn't resort to screaming, "OZZIE PLAYED MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL!!! YOU HAVEN'T!!! YOU CAN'T QUESTION HIM!!!" when the legitimacy of a managerial move is called into question? This board is great, and one of the best things that ever could have happened for my White Sox fandom.

You sound like you had the same problems as me over in Nazi-world aka Wissy aka Flying%$#@

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Just found out i dont get it either...used to have but Comcast decided to be stupid

If you have CSN, then don't you have to have a CSN+? I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

Check out this website for channel number: http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/zipcode

Edited by PeavyTime

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Our best defensive alignment is pierre, rios, and jones from left to right, i have little doubt. I'm rather high on jones defensively and think he will be more than fine (plus defender) in center when out there. Now do i think rios should be in left in favor of jones? Not so much, it's borderline asinine. Hopefully though jones pulls back two at the fence today and makes ozzie look like a genius, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any.

In regards to dhing pierre. I would really have no problem with it if pierre was batting ninth rather than first. But it is what it is. Our problem is this now guarantees our worst hitter in the first place the most plate appearances, and now he has a pretty mean handicap against himself. The problem is dhing is incredibly hard and makes even the best of hitters (vast majority of the time) worse... considerably. I see it like this, carlos quentin dhing would hurt us more offensively than pierre dhing ever could. But then again you have to consider the defensive differential between the two, which does come into play.

Positional adjustment in runs per 600 PA.

posadjust.png

This too. This is why you don't put some bad hitter at DH and just say whatever. It's because the average DH is much better and your team is losing out on production if you put a crappy hitter there. More so than putting a crappy hitter anywhere else.

That plus the fact that Pierre is a better defensive outfielder than Quentin makes this a really bad move.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Ozzie said that he asked the players and they consensus was that is was Jones.

Maybe 5 years ago. Jones is one of the best CFers in this past decade.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
If you have CSN, then don't you have to have a CSN+? I'm pretty sure that's the way it works.

Check out this website for channel number: http://www.csnchicago.com/pages/zipcode

well it says 53 but i dont get 53. You would think that if you get CSN you'd get CSN+ hopefully game time something good will happen.

QUOTE (DaveBrown85 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
well it says 53 but i dont get 53. You would think that if you get CSN you'd get CSN+ hopefully game time something good will happen.

Do a search for baseball and check the 7:00 hour, you should be able to find the game that way.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
Ugh, I rearranged my day just so I could watch this game, and I don't even get the flippin' channel. Got to be kidding me! :(

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
I have WOW Cable. Doesn't carry CSN+/CLTV :(

This is the only game on CSN+ this month. There is only few of them during the whole season.

You can always grab some friends and go to BBW or a bar to catch the game. Unless you're from out of town then I guess you are SOL.