GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
Yeah, Hafner and the C spot and LaPorta sort of balance out the slow guys in our lineup, woudln't you say? Is Hafter really faster than Konerko?

Bad bounce or not, Konerko doesnt score from first on the double that Hafner scored on earlier.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)
Pierre is visibly slower than he used to be. Beckham only has decent speed. Jones/Kostay? You serious? Rios and Ramirez I'll give you. But at the same time, you have to get on base.

And really? You counter with Hafner and Redmond?

I never said anything, but Pierre does appear to be a little slower IMO. Of course, he's still pretty quick but I think the Marlins, even the Cubs version of him beats this version down the line by a step.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)
And bunting isn't going to help your offense. That's two outs we shouldn't have given up.

8 hits in 19 innings against the Indians pitching staff.

Stop.

Well, the bunt worked perfectly for Cleveland cause they have some professional hitters who CAME THROUGH in the clutch.

Put the blame where it lies: Paulie and Jones couldn't get a f***ing bloop hit to win it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
8 hits in 19 innings against the Indians pitching staff.

Stop.

So we have a bad offense and then our manager makes it worse.

Ozzie isn't the whole problem, but the fact that he's supposed to be helping the team when he's clearly not is pissing me off.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:02 AM)
I like how the main excuse is Beckham bunting twice. We've scored 3 runs in back to back games against the f***ing Indians.

Yeah, everyone forgets that Beckham had chance with the bases loaded and 1 out to come up with something when it was a 2-0 game.

Plenty of chances the entire night to score 4 runs thru 10 innings.

Anyone else kind of feel that the ball hasn't been bouncing the Sox way? Tons of bloop hits by the Tribe and we hit it on the screws right at their players. Just curious if anyone else was seeing that?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)
Gordon Beckham is the 2nd best hitter on this ballclub. He should not be bunting. It's not that hard to grasp.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. When did I ever say that Beckham should have bunted? I think it's a horrible idea. But that's not why we're losing.

Like I said, we have 8 hits AS A TEAM in what is now 19.1 innings. Those 2 bunts aren't the reason we're losing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)
Well, the bunt worked perfectly for Cleveland cause they have some professional hitters who CAME THROUGH in the clutch.

Put the blame where it lies: Paulie and Jones couldn't get a f***ing bloop hit to win it.

Konerko hit the s*** out of the ball, but right at Sizemore.

Had Ozzie decided to run Pierre and had Pierre succeeded, a bunt by Beckham would have been fine. And then Konerko's line drive scores Pierre. We would all be happy right now.

QUOTE (vandy125 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Anyone else kind of feel that the ball hasn't been bouncing the Sox way? Tons of bloop hits by the Tribe and we hit it on the screws right at their players. Just curious if anyone else was seeing that?

To be fair Pierre had one himself.

QUOTE (vandy125 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 05:07 AM)

We got a gift run because the ump refused to ring up Quentin. We're not getting breaks because we're striking out a ton tonight.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:06 PM)

Shorten your swing and make contact. The Twins make a living off of it. Konerko and Jones do not get paid to do this.

Twins are about to take 3 of 4 in anaheim

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Thank you, Captain Obvious. When did I ever say that Beckham should have bunted? I think it's a horrible idea. But that's not why we're losing.

Like I said, we have 8 hits AS A TEAM in what is now 19.1 innings. Those 2 bunts aren't the reason we're losing.

Slav. When you're right, you're right.