GAME THREAD: 4/8, CLE v CHW, 7:10pm CSN+

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Since this is Ozzie's roster, KW is going to have a much shorter leash with the struggling before he does something about it

I wish it wa sjust a DH that we needed. We need a whole second hafl of our f***ing lineup.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 04:11 AM)
The Twins will take three of four against the Angels in Anaheim while we lose two of three to the Indians at home. It's obvious who the team to beat in this division is.

We could have swept the Indians, and the Twins could have been swept, and it would still be obvious. People act like the Twins are going to struggle finding a closer, but one thing they always do an amazing job is slotting their bullpen for guys to succeed.

The strategy worked. It's the same strategy we used in the bottom of the ninth.

We get a single ... we win the game. We had 2 outs to do it.

Players failed. We lose. Case closed.

It was not a bad managerial decision.

I agree the OTHER call woulda been have Juan steal second, then bunt. Would that have worked? We'll never know.

Hit and run with Gordo? Maybe. Would that have worked? We'll never know.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
The strategy worked. It's the same strategy we used in the bottom of the ninth.

We get a single ... we win the game. We had 2 outs to do it.

Players failed. We lose. Case closed.

It was not a bad managerial decision.

I agree the OTHER call woulda been have Juan steal second, then bunt. Would that have worked? We'll never know.

Hit and run with Gordo? Maybe. Would that have worked? We'll never know.

It's not the same damn strategy. Lou Marson is a rookie catcher hitting at the bottom of the order. Gordon Beckham is a blossoming superstar who hits doubles, like Will Cordero hits women.

True, fathom, but Cleveland got a runner on first and didn't hesitate. Immediately bunted the guy to second like ALL managers do in a tie game in extra innings with no outs ... unless the batter is some big horse who simply CANNOT bunt.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Come on, it's like some of you guys have never experienced a baseball season before. We have played less than 2% of the games so far.

Well, when you're witnessing the same s*** that frustrated everyone from last season, it's hard to be optimistic.

QUOTE (Sox It To Em @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
The Twins will take three of four against the Angels in Anaheim while we lose two of three to the Indians at home. It's obvious who the team to beat in this division is.

The Indians.

Edited by goblue5699

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Come on, it's like some of you guys have never experienced a baseball season before. We have played less than 2% of the games so far.

I agree that it is only three games but the bullpen has blown two games and the Sox are struggling to get hits........sound familiar.

Bolt, if it was such a bad decision, then Oz should really be put on coals tonight by the media, maybe even disciplined by the owner.

Instead, the move is completely understandable. Good teams get the single to win the game right there. We didn't.

I agree there were other options, have Juan steal on the first pitch, then bunt him over or hit and run with Gordon. Obviously those would have been better options since the bunt didn't work in hindsight.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
1) Sit Alexei. He sucks in April.

2) Start Vizquel in the 2 hole. He's a bunter.

3) Put Beckham in 5 hole. Let him swing.

4) ???

5) Profit?

I swear if Vizquel hits second I'll f***ing kill someone.

And Beckham 5? I think it's clear he should hit 3.

Your post = fail.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 8, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
Well, on the pregame show tonight, they had a very strange segment about how bad the attendance was last year. They went on to say the club is really hoping to get off to a good start and that the weather is good to make up for how bad the attendance was last season.

Really? Forbes came out with their numbers for last year. The Sox had the 5th highest profit according to them. $26 million. Didn't they try to sign Damon? Now they are already crying about attendance? The more things change, the more they remain the same.

QUOTE (JDsDirtySox @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
You guys are a bunch of girls.

Grow up.

If you can't handle the ups and downs of the season go be a Yankee fan.

Yeah, you really just proved that you're better then us. We should have know that valid complaints were girl stuff. I'm going to go play with a barbie and talk about how cute A-Rod is.