4/9 Twinkies vs Sox - 7:05pm cdt WCIU

Vote4Pedro

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Also, I want Vizquel, Kotsay, and Jones all to remain healthy so we know definitively where we stand with them come next season. The WORST that can happen is if any of the three are injured and we bring that back against next season, based upon the hope of what they'd do in '10.

Neither of those three will be on the team next season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
Do you really think that would have mattered?

Both those players totally suck.

Jones #1 has more power, #2 has more speed, #3 needs to play #4 had a large SLG% last season.

They don't both suck until Jones gets enough at bats to prove his futility.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
Do you really think that would have mattered?

Both those players totally suck.

Mark Kotsay can't hit a home run in a phone booth. At least Jones has some power.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
How I feel is if we're destined to not make the playoffs this season, just get it out of the way early. Let us be 15+ out of 1st place come June.

Also, I want Vizquel, Kotsay, Pieree, Jones all to remain healthy so we know definitively where we stand with them come next season. The WORST that can happen is if any of the three are injured and we bring them back against next season, based upon the hope of what they'd do in '10.

You realize that option C, blow all the prospects and put all your chips in is going to be Kenny's answer to this right. You aren't out until you are eliminated.......

I don't think Oz will survive this train wreck of an offense.

Our only hope as a team is to have the starters soon go eight instead of five and six.

If they completely dominate like pitchers did in the 60s, then we could win some 2-0 and 3-1 games, maybe some 4-2 and 5-4 games.

We don't have the offense or set up men to win any games in which our starters only go five to six innings.

We're not going to score runs. Does anybody dispute that simple sentence?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
FG will get smoked!

Big Game Freddy is going to make you eat those words.

I hope.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Neither of those three will be on the team next season.

Awesome, now let them remain healthy so we're not having any surprises. No last resorts because every other trade/FA option falls through.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)
I don't think Oz will survive this train wreck of an offense.

Our only hope as a team is to have the starters soon go eight instead of five and six.

If they completely dominate like pitchers did in the 60s, then we could win some 2-0 and 3-1 games, maybe some 4-2 and 5-4 games.

We don't have the offense or set up men to win any games in which our starters only go five to six innings.

We're not going to score runs. Does anybody dispute that simple sentence?

We're going to start scoring more sooner or later. These things always regress to the mean, and this team should be able to score 4.5 runs a game when they do.

If we had scored 4 runs instead of 3 in 9 innings these past three games, we'd have at least 2 more wins.

What do you expect with a lot of these players? There are some deficiencies with the pitching (Linebrink and Garcia are examples), but that's something the rest of the staff can overcome. We can't overcome the lack of a DH. We have two "quick" and savvy veterans that aren't going to help at all in Pierre and Vizquel. Teahen will hit an occasional homer, but that's it. Our shortstop doesn't hit in the months of April and May, plus he might be certifiably retarded. And I really don't think Konerko is any good. He's a mediocre 1B when it comes to offensive numbers, and we need more than that with this lineup.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2010 -> 11:01 PM)
Big Game Freddy is going to make you eat those words.

Hope you r right!

I hope.