HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:30 PM)
Now it sounds like game 1 will be Saturday. Ugh, just wanna be able to plan the weekend already. Official schedule will come out after game 7 tonight.

According to Jesse Rogers, Byfuglien was skating with the forwards at practice today on a line with Brouwer & Madden and was camped out in front of the net on power play drills. I'm sure Luongo will look forward to having big Buff blocking his views.

I've been going to the Canucks message board the last few days and they all are in agreement that they hate Buff. This is great news, Buff was awesome in front of Luongo last year. BTW Canuck fans may be the whiniest fans in all of sports. Everything I have read over there is that the refs weren't calling anything on the Hawks last year, and we were/are a dirty team. They also think that there is a conspiracy that the NHL doesn't want a Canadian team to win the cup. It always gives me a good laugh going over there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NIUSox @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
I've been going to the Canucks message board the last few days and they all are in agreement that they hate Buff. This is great news, Buff was awesome in front of Luongo last year. BTW Canuck fans may be the whiniest fans in all of sports. Everything I have read over there is that the refs weren't calling anything on the Hawks last year, and we were/are a dirty team. They also think that there is a conspiracy that the NHL doesn't want a Canadian team to win the cup. It always gives me a good laugh going over there.

I talked to a friend who is a diehard Canucks fan and he is convinced that they are the favorites in the series and the better team without a doubt.... I know everyone is a homer when it comes to their team but considering we beat them last season and better record this season it was a little puzzling to me...

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:50 PM)
I talked to a friend who is a diehard Canucks fan and he is convinced that they are the favorites in the series and the better team without a doubt.... I know everyone is a homer when it comes to their team but considering we beat them last season and better record this season it was a little puzzling to me...

I think its a pretty even series, I'd probably give the Hawks a slight edge, then again I'm a homer too. Which Luongo shows up is important, he's capable of winning the series by himself, but he's also capable of choking it away like last year. Regular season records don't mean as much in hockey, just look at the East, and last year's series was like 2 or 3 minutes away from being 3-1 Vancouver.

Game 7 hockey is so awesome. Canadiens take the early 1-0 lead, keep up the good work Halak.

Saturday, May 1 at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.

Monday, May 3 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, May 5 at Vancouver, 8:30 p.m.

Friday, May 7 at Vancouver, 8:30 p.m.

*Sunday, May 9 at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.

*Tuesday, May 11 at Vancouver, 8:30 p.m.

*Thursday, May 13 at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 06:58 PM)
Saturday, May 1 at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.

Monday, May 3 at Chicago, 8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, May 5 at Vancouver, 8:30 p.m.

Friday, May 7 at Vancouver, 8:30 p.m.

*Sunday, May 9 at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.

*Tuesday, May 11 at Vancouver, 8:30 p.m.

*Thursday, May 13 at Chicago, 7:00 p.m.

that pisses me off, i really wish game 1 was Friday. I already feel like I've been waiting forever

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
I guess winning the President's Trophy is like trading for certain Cy Young winners--it makes you think great things are ahead, but all you really get is suck.

Oh, I see what you did there, you are talking about JFP. Seriously though, 3 of the last 5 President Cup winners have lost in the 1st round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Awesome, Habs Win!!! Hawks have home-ice in the Stanley Cup Finals! Jaroslav Halak might be the 2nd most popular player in Canada right now.

Unreal performance by Halak in the last 3 games of that series. Washington dominated each of the last 3 games but he stopped 37 of 38 shots in game 5, 53 out of 54 shots in game 6 and 41 of 42 tonight.

Eastern Conference- 4th, 6th, 7th, and 8th seeds

Western Conference- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th seeds

Plus, IMHO the Eastern Conference is the much weaker conference. The only team out of the east that I think has any chance against any team that comes out of the West is maybe Pittsburgh, unless Halak decides he just wants to continue to stop everything.

I think the Penguins might be the favorites to win it all now. Their road is much easier of course. The Western team they play in the finals might be better, but I think the top 4 in the West are gonna beat the crap out of each other and wear each other out, which gives Pitt a huge advantage. They obviously have been there before, and they won it last year as a 4 seed as well.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
I think the Penguins might be the favorites to win it all now. Their road is much easier of course. The Western team they play in the finals might be better, but I think the top 4 in the West are gonna beat the crap out of each other and wear each other out, which gives Pitt a huge advantage. They obviously have been there before, and they won it last year as a 4 seed as well.

I agree.

Montreal has been a nice story but Pittsburgh is the most complete team in the league. Beating Washington was great for Montreal but the Caps are the Sharks of the East. Plus I dont see Montreal as a physical team so Pittsburgh shouldnt have much wear and tear. Boston and Philly will probably beat the s*** out of each other for 6-7 games and that will take a huge toll on either of those teams hoping to upset the Penguins.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 11:04 AM)
I agree.

Montreal has been a nice story but Pittsburgh is the most complete team in the league. Beating Washington was great for Montreal but the Caps are the Sharks of the East. Plus I dont see Montreal as a physical team so Pittsburgh shouldnt have much wear and tear. Boston and Philly will probably beat the s*** out of each other for 6-7 games and that will take a huge toll on either of those teams hoping to upset the Penguins.

All the Pens have to do is control the tempo. This series will be over in 4 or 5 games.