HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 5, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Laughable, there is as much talent in the NBA as there has been at any point in NBA history. There was a pretty big lull following the Jordan era but the talent and the style of play is terrific right now.

You're a better poster than this nonsense, come on now man.

As for the game tonight, not much needs to be said. The last 40 minutes were just awesome hockey by the Hawks, and the first 20 was just an incredible display by Niemi. Great goaltending, ugly goals, adequate defense, just a great performance.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 6, 2010 -> 12:44 AM)
You're a better poster than this nonsense, come on now man.

As for the game tonight, not much needs to be said. The last 40 minutes were just awesome hockey by the Hawks, and the first 20 was just an incredible display by Niemi. Great goaltending, ugly goals, adequate defense, just a great performance.

Yeah I dont know how anyone can complain about the talent in the NBA, the West was incredibly stacked, every playoff team was incredible and 50 plus win seasons. Not too mention 3 pretty talented teams behind those in Memphis, Houston, and NO with a healthy Paul.

East also has some pretty solid teams including 3 title contenders. Also in the off-season chance it adds a couple more teams to that mix.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ May 5, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Foley giving it pretty good about the "wonderful Smith group" lol

I luv Pat Foley, and I can't help but laugh any time he mentions Karpotsev. I'm so glad he's been back for the team's resurgence. It wouldn't be the same without him. And Eddie O may be his best partner ever.

It was huge to lead that game from basically start to finish. The Buff factor is an absolutely beautiful thing.

Great game. Niemi stood on his head in the first. Hossa showed up with a great effort. Steeger has played much better in the playoffs then the regular season. I think Seabs has been the best D-man on the ice. The dude is freaky strong. What can I say about Buff. He was a soft player in the regular season and has now turned up the intensity in the playoffs. I'm not even talking about the goals, which are nice, but just his overall play and feistiness. AT 6'4 257 he's almost always biggest player on the ice...he needs to keep playing like it. Now lets step on their throats Friday! The whining going on over there is hilarious.

"I can't believe what the Refs have let the Hawks get away with. Byfuglien has spent more time in the crease than Luongo. On the last goal there were two Hawks in the crease pushing Luongo into his own net followed by the puck. Byfuglien didn't know where the puck was, he was just intent on pushing Luongo in. What were the Refs watching? It seems that anything goes when it comes to interfering with Luongo. Where is the consistency with calls? Last week a Washington player just touches the Canadiens goalie and a goal is called back. The Hawks are steamrollering Luongo and nothing is called. The Canucks are being all politically correct by not criticising the Refs but this is pathetic.I am beginning to believe the theories that the NHL has dictated to the Refs that they want Chicago to win this series. Disgusting!!"

"Please Blackbird fans and Buttman fans just go home and laugh. You cannot do it without running the goaltender. Just take a look at the tape. 3 goals and 3 goaltender take downs.

Learn how to play the game. You remind me of the Philly GOONS and you play just like them.

PLEASE LEARN HOW TO PLAY HOCKEY>"

Canadian Hockey fans are always like that. Canucks fans think that the Hawks are a dirty team and that we take cheap shots after the whistle and in the crease. I think 99 percent of people outside of those fans can see what a dirty team Vancouver is. They dont play with a purpose, they just attack players and try to pull them into scraps. I thought the last goal the hawks had was questionable until I saw the replay of our guys pushing the puck while getting pushed into Luongo. I'm sure they will come out dirtier on friday and hopefully will get into the box early and often. They are a team full of complete douches.

I have Sirius radio and they had the Vancouver broadcast of the game and post-game last night. A lot of the callers were complaining about the Hawks just standing around in front of the goal and not being hit hard enough by the Canucks. I was laughing at them. What dopes.

The canucks cannot play gentleman's hockey during the playoffs....We've to do the dirty stuff...wacking, yapping, cheap stuff, even a bure elbow..if the puck is near the crease crash the crease and take their goalie with it. Do it a few times...rattle their goalie.....We have some big forwards that are simply to nice and gentlemanly. WELL it's the bloody playoffs...go crack a bone or something..go give someone a tight bonecrushing body check, a hip check....that kinda thing...and MAKE SURE they pay in our crease!!...glove in the face, a cross check, a punch in the face. and elbow..BUT make sure the ref is not watching..
LOL