HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 6, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
Delusional people on their boards. It's insane some of the s*** they're calling for. http://forum.canucks.com/forum/24-canucks-talk/

They have a very small world. We really dont think about Canada as much as they think about our team. They are still under the impression the Hawks are big, slow and dirty. They want to get into an up tempo game with us, thats pretty much what we do well.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
They have a very small world. We really dont think about Canada as much as they think about our team. They are still under the impression the Hawks are big, slow and dirty. They want to get into an up tempo game with us, thats pretty much what we do well.

Yeah... they are f***ed if they want up-tempo.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2010 -> 10:32 AM)
I think it was one game and the Hawks are going to come out and dominate tonight.

Sorry I forgot to check the tread, but damn good call, Steve-o. I honestly didn't think they'd show up like they have the last two games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 6, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Yeah... they are f***ed if they want up-tempo.

All of their fans on their board are talking about how much faster they are and how they need to win with speed against the slow goonish Blackhawks. Apparently they know nothing about our roster. I even saw them calling Buff as slow as anyone on the ice. It's actually not even close to true, he's a very fast end to end guy, which is why he's dangerous.

A few comments here:

First of all, Vancouver DOES have to make the 'Hawks pay in the crease in front of Luongo. You all are hilarious in the blatent homerism here in that they should just stand around like little girls and let the 'Hawks muscle them. I saw the goals for the hat trick, and he is playing right in the crease, but I don't think it's wrong, just so I'm clear. It's what you have to do in the playoffs to win. Anyway, in case you haven't noticed, the difference is the play in front of the net in the last two games, and Vancover hasn't responded (at least what parts of the games I've seen). I'm just saying.

Second: Vancouver can and would stay with the 'Hawks in an uptempo game. See game one. You open up the ice, they have some pretty good offensive weapons.

Third: I do agree, however, the "kill the 'Hawks at all costs" crap on some of the Canuck boards are useless people who don't know the game.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in game 4, but as I said in my post above, Chicago has responded well to the game one callout.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:39 PM)
All of their fans on their board are talking about how much faster they are and how they need to win with speed against the slow goonish Blackhawks. Apparently they know nothing about our roster. I even saw them calling Buff as slow as anyone on the ice. It's actually not even close to true, he's a very fast end to end guy, which is why he's dangerous.

I just commented on that. IMO, you're sorta right... and yes, the 'Hawks have some speed... but Vancouver plays better in that environment then in a really physical game. When it's really physical, they lose their mental capacities... :lol:

Great game last night! This is more of the type of control we have seen from the Hawks all year. Hopefully, they can put them away tomorrow and have a chance to take them out at home on Sunday. :headbang :headbang

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ May 5, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Laughable, there is as much talent in the NBA as there has been at any point in NBA history. There was a pretty big lull following the Jordan era but the talent and the style of play is terrific right now. And anyone who complains about NBA refs should also hate college basketball and HS basketball because refs at those levels are even worse. If you can't enjoy watching the Spurs, Suns, Jazz, Lakers, OKC, etc. play then you just don't like basketball.

Edit: Also not sure why this is such a topic in a hockey thread but the complaints about the NBA are for the most part ridiculous especially since most people love college basketball which is a vastly inferior product outside of the excitement of a one and done tournament (but more exciting doesn't' mean a better brand of basketball, it is just more dramatic).

The talent is better in the NBA than it has been for a while, which makes the 6 to 8 men standing around on any given play even more of a shame. I HATE the one on one game in the NBA, and it is even worse in the playoffs. I'll take a high school game or a college game over that crap anytime because of the style of play.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:41 PM)
I just commented on that. IMO, you're sorta right... and yes, the 'Hawks have some speed... but Vancouver plays better in that environment then in a really physical game. When it's really physical, they lose their mental capacities... :lol:

Look at the differences between the first game and the last two. The Hawks had to play a skilled up tempo game to beat Nashville, but they aren't going to beat Vancouver doing that. They have to make their stars uncomfortable, and that is exactly what they have done the last two games.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
Watching the Hawks highlights, it seems like after every goal, Loungo starts complaining to refs. What does he want them to do?

"Goddamnnit refs, I can't catch the puck and keep giving up these rebounds!!! Why can't you help me hold on to the puck so this big guy in the white jersey stops knocking the puck in the net!!!"

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
Watching the Hawks highlights, it seems like after every goal, Loungo starts complaining to refs. What does he want them to do?

Like I said, you have to make their stars uncomfortable. Luongo is not that mentally strong. If you make him think about contact, he melts. Their skill players are all the same way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
Like I said, you have to make their stars uncomfortable. Luongo is not that mentally strong. If you make him think about contact, he melts. Their skill players are all the same way.

I still wish Crosby didn't score that goal for Canada to win. IMO, it was only a matter of time before Luongo would have chocked again. Seems ever since then, he's been getting a pass from the Canadian media cause he won gold (not from the times he chocked in the playoffs), when it was Ryan Miller who was standing on his head that whole series. Easy to make average stops (though a couple were hard I'll give him credit) when you have Keith/Doughty etc.. on your side, not to mention the monster over-talent that Canada had over pretty much everyone in the tournament.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2010 -> 11:03 PM)

He wants them to stop his own guys from throwing Hawks into his face.

I am very interested to see what the Canucks do tonight because Niemi's weakness, from what I have seen, is giving up long rebounds in front of the net. Crashing the net doesn't make a lot of sense, but they seem desperate.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 7, 2010 -> 07:19 AM)
He wants them to stop his own guys from throwing Hawks into his face.

I am very interested to see what the Canucks do tonight because Niemi's weakness, from what I have seen, is giving up long rebounds in front of the net. Crashing the net doesn't make a lot of sense, but they seem desperate.

IMO, Niemi's weakness has been going down too soon and over committing to the shot. He has done a very good job lately or directly rebounds away from traffic and trying to stay in the crease when going side to side.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
IMO, Niemi's weakness has been going down too soon and over committing to the shot. He has done a very good job lately or directly rebounds away from traffic and trying to stay in the crease when going side to side.

Yeah I have definitely seen that. Doesn't that mean he normally gets beat high? And wouldn't crashing the net make it more difficult to elevate?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 7, 2010 -> 12:23 AM)
I still wish Crosby didn't score that goal for Canada to win. IMO, it was only a matter of time before Luongo would have chocked again. Seems ever since then, he's been getting a pass from the Canadian media cause he won gold (not from the times he chocked in the playoffs), when it was Ryan Miller who was standing on his head that whole series. Easy to make average stops (though a couple were hard I'll give him credit) when you have Keith/Doughty etc.. on your side, not to mention the monster over-talent that Canada had over pretty much everyone in the tournament.

The reason that Luongo was good in the Olympics is because he could stand in the crease without fear. He knew that there wasn't going to be any contact or anyone running him. The game was different.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
A few comments here:

First of all, Vancouver DOES have to make the 'Hawks pay in the crease in front of Luongo. You all are hilarious in the blatent homerism here in that they should just stand around like little girls and let the 'Hawks muscle them.

Dude, Kap. What are you talking about? Who said the Canucks SHOULDN'T get the Hawks out of Luongo's way. I'm sure they are TRYING to and they should try. The Hawks cycle players very well and when they crash the net, it's not exactly easy to just shove them aside.

Come on, who said anything remotely close to "the Canucks should stand around and let us rape them"?

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 6, 2010 -> 06:40 PM)
A few comments here:

First of all, Vancouver DOES have to make the 'Hawks pay in the crease in front of Luongo. You all are hilarious in the blatent homerism here in that they should just stand around like little girls and let the 'Hawks muscle them. I saw the goals for the hat trick, and he is playing right in the crease, but I don't think it's wrong, just so I'm clear. It's what you have to do in the playoffs to win. Anyway, in case you haven't noticed, the difference is the play in front of the net in the last two games, and Vancover hasn't responded (at least what parts of the games I've seen). I'm just saying.

Second: Vancouver can and would stay with the 'Hawks in an uptempo game. See game one. You open up the ice, they have some pretty good offensive weapons.

Third: I do agree, however, the "kill the 'Hawks at all costs" crap on some of the Canuck boards are useless people who don't know the game.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in game 4, but as I said in my post above, Chicago has responded well to the game one callout.

I don't even know what this means. Who said that's what Vanvouver should do?? IMO they are making the Hawks pay for being in front of Luongo...It's just the Hawks are willing to take the abuse. Buff and Taser have been getting their asses kicked for standing there. If you're Vancouver yeah you need to keep doing it. The problem is when you put your focus on clearing a guy out and make no mistake moving Big Buff demands all your focus, you're sacrificing space for someone else and inadvertantly adding traffic in front of the net. Not to mention you risk pushing him backwards into your own goalie

I also agree the Canucks can play with the Hawks up tempo...but that doesn't mean they'll win. The Hawks are versatile. They are built for the playoffs in that they can play both games. They have speed and physicality. I won't speak for anyone else, but as an avid fan, I've hoped all year that they would get another physical presence in this lineup. So for anyone to say this is a goon and bruising team is someone that's not watching them. They are more of a finesse team and have been all year. They averaged 3.2 goals and 34 shots a game in the reg season....that's not a bruising team...it's an offensive team. Vancouver is right there averaging 3.4 goals, so IMO the only way Vancouver can win is if they go the finesse route, but I wouldn't necessarily call them better at it. They'll just be more breakaways happening if they play that style. Then again...that goes both ways and we have a few guys that can put it away.

Game 4 should be good tonight....I have a feeling it's gonna get dirty though.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2010 -> 07:56 AM)

Wish I could find a girl with that problem.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)
I don't even know what this means. Who said that's what Vanvouver should do?? IMO they are making the Hawks pay for being in front of Luongo...It's just the Hawks are willing to take the abuse. Buff and Taser have been getting their asses kicked for standing there. If you're Vancouver yeah you need to keep doing it. The problem is when you put your focus on clearing a guy out and make no mistake moving Big Buff demands all your focus, you're sacrificing space for someone else and inadvertantly adding traffic in front of the net. Not to mention you risk pushing him backwards into your own goalie

I also agree the Canucks can play with the Hawks up tempo...but that doesn't mean they'll win. The Hawks are versatile. They are built for the playoffs in that they can play both games. They have speed and physicality. I won't speak for anyone else, but as an avid fan, I've hoped all year that they would get another physical presence in this lineup. So for anyone to say this is a goon and bruising team is someone that's not watching them. They are more of a finesse team and have been all year. They averaged 3.2 goals and 34 shots a game in the reg season....that's not a bruising team...it's an offensive team. Vancouver is right there averaging 3.4 goals, so IMO the only way Vancouver can win is if they go the finesse route, but I wouldn't necessarily call them better at it. They'll just be more breakaways happening if they play that style. Then again...that goes both ways and we have a few guys that can put it away.

Game 4 should be good tonight....I have a feeling it's gonna get dirty though.

I was hoping they'd acquire a physical defenseman by the trading deadline. Most hockey people I've heard have said that aside from Byfuglien, the Hawks are more of an undersized finesse team. So for Vancouver fans to suggest that the Hawks are a goon squad is pretty funny to me.

"Chicago is not a better team than us," Luongo said. "They're not playing better than us. They are just doing a better job in front of the net on both sides. Dustin is doing a good job of what he's doing and he's not getting called for it so he's taking advantage of it.

I love this quote from Luongo. Bulletin board material definitely. What a little baby.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
"Chicago is not a better team than us," Luongo said. "They're not playing better than us. They are just doing a better job in front of the net on both sides. Dustin is doing a good job of what he's doing and he's not getting called for it so he's taking advantage of it.

I love this quote from Luongo. Bulletin board material definitely. What a little baby.

He looks for the ref after almost every goal.