HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NIUSox @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
According to TSN, Duncan Keith's slap shot at the end of the first period ruptured Sami Salo's testicle! Ouch!

No wonder he fell down so awkwardly like a ton of bricks. Man Felix Pie, Nomar, etc.. don't feel so bad anymore.

Hawks almost played as if the Canucks were going to just give them that game. This series is far from over. If the Canucks win at their home rink, they will have a s***load of momentum. In a way, it's good for the Hawks as Luongo has played much worse there than he has on the road in the playoffs.

QUOTE (NIUSox @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
According to TSN, Duncan Keith's slap shot at the end of the first period ruptured Sami Salo's testicle! Ouch!

Let Vancover be put on notice: You mess with us, we'll mess with your nuts!

On a serious note, ouch. just ouch. My brother-in-law has a story of a friend of his who has the same thing when being hit in the groin while out playing paintball.

Headline on the Trib's sports website:

Report: Canuck defenseman Salo's testicle intact

LOL, Good news for him I guess. Sounds like he will miss game 6 though, which could be a huge advantage for the Hawks. Vancouver is already weak at the blue line, and he is one of their best D guys. Hopefully Q can wake the guys up and end the series tommorrow, cause you sure as f*** don't wanna play a game 7, cause anything can happen.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ May 11, 2010 -> 07:52 AM)
Canadians do it again, beating Pittsburgh to force a game 7. WOW

Philly beats Boston, bringing the series to 3-2 Boston.

Craziness, this had turned into a pretty exciting playoff season. Hopefully, the Hawks cut down on some excitement tonight, I don't wanna go to the UC Thursday and deal with a game 7. Jaroslav Halak stands on his head a few more times, and Ken Dryden & Patrick Roy are gonna have some company in Montreal goalie lore. If the Hawks do make it the finals, playing an #8 seed doesn't sound as enticing as it did a month ago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:13 AM)
Craziness, this had turned into a pretty exciting playoff season. Hopefully, the Hawks cut down on some excitement tonight, I don't wanna go to the UC Thursday and deal with a game 7. Jaroslav Halak stands on his head a few more times, and Ken Dryden & Patrick Roy are gonna have some company in Montreal goalie lore. If the Hawks do make it the finals, playing an #8 seed doesn't sound as enticing as it did a month ago.

One of the reasons I'm pulling for the Canadiens (ugh) is that I'd really love to see the Hawks battle an Original Six rival for the Cup, which would happen if they make it and the Habs face the Bruins in the East. There hasn't been an Original Six match-up in the Finals for more than 30 years.

First things first, however. Frankly, I'm worried about tonight, and projecting more worry ahead for Thursday.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 11, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
One of the reasons I'm pulling for the Canadiens (ugh) is that I'd really love to see the Hawks battle an Original Six rival for the Cup, which would happen if they make it and the Habs face the Bruins in the East. There hasn't been an Original Six match-up in the Finals for more than 30 years.

First things first, however. Frankly, I'm worried about tonight, and projecting more worry ahead for Thursday.

I'd prefer Boston, but I'd be okay with Montreal.

To see them eliminate Washington and Pittsburgh in successive rounds would make me SUCH a "happy human"!

But first and most important things first - the Hawks need to get rid of the Canuckleheads - and do it tonight, please? I want NO Game 7 against those guys.