4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:18 AM)
disgusting, isn't it, wearing that on their sleeve? It would be great to see a time when one of their players said "no way, I'm not wearing that." Then maybe they would ditch it once and for all.

I would wear a lot of things I don't agree with if someone paid me at least 400k a year.

Sound like Jones is now an everyday player. Well deserved. “The way he’s swinging the bat, he’ll play every day,” Guillen said before Jones went 0-for-3 with a walk. “Where? The three (outfield positions) plus designated hitter. We have four positions for him to play every day.”

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Sound like Jones is now an everyday player. Well deserved. “The way he’s swinging the bat, he’ll play every day,” Guillen said before Jones went 0-for-3 with a walk. “Where? The three (outfield positions) plus designated hitter. We have four positions for him to play every day.”

I guess this is what Ozzie had in mind as far as not having a full time DH. He can rest players and still have them be in the lineup and what have you. If only Kotsay or Pierre was a better lefty hitter it would work so much better.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
Pierre LF

Beckham 2B

Quentin RF

Konerko 1B

Kotsay DH

Rios CF

Pierzynski C

Ramirez SS

Teahen 3B

Buehrle P

.... The hell? :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
I guess think of it as Jones' day off.

Westbrook is going tomorrow however, I still expect to see Andruw in the lineup.

I think it's because Ozzie wants to punish Jones for batting over .300.

QUOTE (PeavyTime @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Jones started 4 games in a row, he can use a day off. Rios could use tomorrow off and then Beckham and Quentin on Sunday. Our hottest hitters shouldn't play everyday or they will get tired and lose their groove.

Agreed. I actually like it since this is Andruw. He is prone to injury these days and it's good to see him rest a day. I just find it hilarious after Ozzie's quote, he then doesn't have him in the lineup for tonight's game. :lol: If anything, I thought perhaps rest him during one of the weekends. Andruw could of feasted off Talbot than the tougher Westbrook or Carmona, though I guess Kotsay has to get some kind of confidence. Then again.. this guy could pitch 6+ IP of 0-2 run ball, so who knows.