4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
im trying to remember who said in 2005 on the World Series DVD...

"the games you win in April and May count just as much as they do in August and September."

Of course they do, I'm sorry but this 'games in april don't matter' is the biggest bulls*** I've heard in a while.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Now Williams get the 1-2-3 :bang

I think they would have sent him down, but the one lefty they would probably like to call up, is on the DL. I would just screw the lefty, and call up Torres to pitch garbage innings. There seems to be a lot of those lately.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:07 AM)
I think they would have sent him down, but the one lefty they would probably like to call up, is on the DL. I would just screw the lefty, and call up Torres to pitch garbage innings. There seems to be a lot of those lately.

Yes, it's amazing how often we see Pena/Linebrink/Santos/Putz to end the game.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
In the third week of April? I don't know. I haven't bothered looking, as it doesn't matter this time of year.

Please, you seem like an intelligent poster; don't start copying the talking points of the baseball retarded.

If we keep playing like this, soon we'll be wondering what happened when it's August and we're 15 games out; you know, the time baseball games begin counting to some people.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:13 AM)
JR stated last year that the 2008 team was boring. 2007 was worse, 2009 wasn't exactly riveting, and so far this season reminds you of the Bill Veeck days of the 70s sans 1977. They better get this turned around pretty quickly.

The attendance outlook is horrifying right now With our lack of resources in the farm, an immediate fix to this doesn't seem likely.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
It's sad knowing Ozzie would never have the balls to release Vizquel. It's not even worth rooting for him to do bad so that he'll get DFA'd.

1.Veteran pride

2.Hero in Venezuela

3. Left handed bat

4. Spicy Latin temper (all Latin players have it in their blood)

He's not leaving

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
Please, you seem like an intelligent poster; don't start copying the talking points of the baseball retarded.

If we keep playing like this, soon we'll be wondering what happened when it's August and we're 15 games out; you know, the time baseball games begin counting to some people.

Heavens to Murgatroid - how'd I ever lead you to that conclusion! : )

No, I was simply reacting to jay-pee-hat-whatever's comment about Peavy not being an ace, based on his admittedly, unimpressive start to the season thus far. But as disappointed I've been with the early results, I was simply trying to point out that it's still a small sample size to assert he's not an "ace". A lot of other guys in his class are also off to a bad start, but I'm willing to bet that they, like Jake, will turn it around and end up being an integral part of whatever success their team ends up having this season. What that success ends up being is still up for debate, but I really don't think that Peavy will be the reason our Sox don't achieve their goals for 2010.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
We've got a guy hitting .105 with no speed or power hitting 2nd in the lineup. Which other team in MLB would do that?

When he was signed, it was like Mardi Gras on this board for some reason. He, like Kotsay, are fine to have on a team if they are getting 150 AB tops a season. When they are getting more than that, you're in trouble.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
We've got a guy hitting .105 with no speed or power hitting 2nd in the lineup. Which other team in MLB would do that?

.348 OPS. Most teams have 1 guy with a higher average than that.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:05 PM)
Games start counting in the standings in May? Learn something new every day.

It's early. It's cold. The bats will wake up in June. The Twins have to come back to earth. Were still figuring out the lineup.

I think I wrote the same post in 2007, 2008, 2009 and I'm sure I wrote it in a sideways timeline in 2002, 2003, and 2004.