4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
And is b****ing about it all day going to change anything? No. He is not starting the year very well. Ok. Great. He has 30+ more starts to change that. If anyone here is seriously suggesting Clayton F'ing Richard over Peavy, then they need to seriously reconsidering following baseball.

I'd surely take Richard and that 16 million back to get us some decent players on offense.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, there's absolutely no reason not to give Threets a chance.

It can't get any worse, he's younger and has 5X the upside of a Williams, which isn't saying a whole lot.

But just let him work in blowouts and maybe things can click working at the big league level with Cooper and next to Thornton/Buehrle/Danks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:50 AM)
I didn't think his opening start was that bad. He blew the game and his command has been awful all season, but he had nice movement, was throwing a good changeup, and just hasn't had a feel for his slider. I didn't see any reason to panic.

And no, I don't think we are going to see him regularly walk 6 guys a game. He's a much better pitcher than that but I think he is really rusty from being out of baseball for a relatively significant time.

I would agree with you. This guy is the type of pitcher who can reel off a 8-10 game win streak when he is back on

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
I would agree with you. This guy is the type of pitcher who can reel off a 8-10 game win streak when he is back on

It's easy to pitch well when you are 15 games back. We needed Peavy to pitch well early this season when our offense is struggling.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
Yes they do. See also CC Sabathia 2008.

Barry Zito comes to mind. Jason Schmidt.

There have been a ton of "aces" with big contracts that have gone south (big-time) on those clubs.

Heck, probably 60-75% of those pitchers with $50 million plus contracts, Hampton comes to mind right away, Kevin Brown, Darren Dreifort, Chan Ho Park, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:55 PM)
Barry Zito comes to mind. Jason Schmidt.

There have been a ton of "aces" with big contracts that have gone south (big-time) on those clubs.

Heck, probably 60-75% of those pitchers with $50 million plus contracts, Hampton comes to mind right away, Kevin Brown, Darren Dreifort, Chan Ho Park, etc.

Oh it definitely CAN happen. It's happening right now.

Peavy has sucked majorly this year but any chance he is nibbling more because he knows the offense sucks so bad that he cant afford to give up 3 or 4 runs a night?

The offense being horrible is putting too much pressure on the pitchers to be perfect.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
"Aces" who are paid 16 million dollars cannot slump for 4 starts in teh beginning of a season.

I'll be sure to let guys like Josh Beckett, John Lackey, Jason Verlander, and Chad Billingsley know of yer acute, small sample size, assessment of things.