4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:20 AM)
When he was signed, it was like Mardi Gras on this board for some reason. He, like Kotsay, are fine to have on a team if they are getting 150 AB tops a season. When they are getting more than that, you're in trouble.

I'll never again assume when the white sox sign a good bench player/non-starter he will do anything other than start. I learned my lesson.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Thad, good post, but a lot of those other guys have proven their ability in their league, with that team, in their home ballpark.

Thanks, Fathom, and yeah, I understand that. But I'm also thinking about a former Cy Young award winner who looked pretty good in his first three starts in the AL last season, and who is still a few heartbeats away from being 30 years old. All of that continues to fuel my long-term optimism about Peavy. Meanwhile, I am VERY concerned about other aspects of our ballclub at the moment! : )

QUOTE (retro1983hat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
It's early. It's cold. The bats will wake up in June. The Twins have to come back to earth. Were still figuring out the lineup.

I think I wrote the same post in 2007, 2008, 2009 and I'm sure I wrote it in a sideways timeline in 2002, 2003, and 2004.

:lolhitting:

And I'm pretty sure I had a flashforward where I saw myself throwing a remote control to my tv, shattering it, after yet another Sox loss. :(

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:29 AM)
We talk about the lack of offense, but check out the current ERAs from the greatest rotation ever assembled:

Buehrle 4.56

Floyd 9.00

Garcia 8.10

Peavy 7.66

And wait until the ball starts jumping at the Cell.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
We talk about the lack of offense, but check out the current ERAs from the greatest rotation ever assembled:

Buehrle 4.56

Floyd 9.00

Garcia 8.10

Peavy 7.66

Oh man, that made me throw up in my mouth a bit. At least Danks is pitching out of his mind right now. Hopefully, when he falls back to earth a bit, some of the other guys start pitching better as well. I don't even want to think about what happens if these guys keep this up all year.. I don't think they all will though.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Oh man, that made me throw up in my mouth a bit. At least Danks is pitching out of his mind right now. Hopefully, when he falls back to earth a bit, some of the other guys start pitching better as well. I don't even want to think about what happens if these guys keep this up all year.. I don't think they all will though.

We draft #1 overall.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)

There's no chance they will be that high all year, but the 3.20-3.70 ERA's many, including me, may have expected from at least 3 of these guys, is probably unrealistic. Floyd started out awful last year, and for some reason he is so much better at USCF than on the road.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:34 AM)
Kotsay's inability to come through in the 1st inning really did serve to change the complexion of this entire game.

Disagree, the inability to turn the 1-2-3 DP was the turning point in this game. This offense have no "spurtability" though.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:34 PM)
Disagree, the inability to turn the 1-2-3 DP was the turning point in this game. This offense have no "spurtability" though.

Good point, but I do think a big, two-out hit by Kotsay back at that point in the game would have made this a somewhat different game.