4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:42 PM)
Never said he was washed up...it's just there were a lot of warning signs that he could struggle. And yes, I'd rather have Richard, the prospects, and 15 million than Peavy. I was also a much bigger fan than most of Richard.

Clayton Richard is not a good pitcher. Look, you can claim that you've been prescient for Peavy all along, but I sincerely doubt you were saying the same stuff right now about Peavy last September.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
No, comments that add absolutely zero value to the discussion are awful. Statements like he doesn't have 4 starts to figure it out, etc. He's got a Cy Young, was brilliant in 4 starts last year, and hasn't been near as bad this year as some of you guys seem to indicate. So when you take a game thread and spout the same stuff 1000 times that isn't even accurate or have a shred of fact to it, that is what ruins the game thread, because it fills the game thread with unintelligent nonsense.

Let me ask you this, how can you say he hasn't been all that bad this year? This is two absolutely awful starts, a good start (where he got some luck, but that happens), and a pretty bad start in his home opener.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
No, comments that add absolutely zero value to the discussion are awful. Statements like he doesn't have 4 starts to figure it out, etc. He's got a Cy Young, was brilliant in 4 starts last year, and hasn't been near as bad this year as some of you guys seem to indicate. So when you take a game thread and spout the same stuff 1000 times that isn't even accurate or have a shred of fact to it, that is what ruins the game thread, because it fills the game thread with unintelligent nonsense.

The unintelligent nonsense started with the posting of the lineup we are just following suit.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
My point exactly. This place is filled with crazy hysteria over Peavy just because he is slumping right now.

"Aces" who are paid 16 million dollars cannot slump for 4 starts in teh beginning of a season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Like the Twins, the Rays are a team with superior talent.

Pure and simple. We can't win with smoke and mirrors again.

That's true, but whether it's the Royals or Twins you cannot walk 7 players in a game. Ever. This should be one of those once a season type of performances because of how horrendous it was.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:47 AM)
Clayton Richard is not a good pitcher. Look, you can claim that you've been prescient for Peavy all along, but I sincerely doubt you were saying the same stuff right now about Peavy last September.

Actually, I was asking what happened to his 95 mph I used to see. He was only throwing like 92-93 mph last year.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:46 PM)
It is just a way to pass the time as the game progresses. Tampa is good and this lineup could not be worse. The tone was set when he blew a two run lead by walking 6 guys.

The thread should be as embarassing as the lineup, it is almost there.

No, usually when things go bad it means there are more opportunities to have good, intelligent, discussions about what is going on, etc. All I see is non-sense that would make Cub fans look like Newton.

I'm giving a notice right here and right now, for all of you people (and you know who you are), that continue to sputter out complete non-sense, take the time to make good posts or you will find yourself sitting out of game threads.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:46 AM)
More booing as he leaves. Really disappointing start after a crisp first inning.

I don't care how bad things are you shoudn't boo your own players. Sorry it just ain't right

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Let me ask you this, how can you say he hasn't been all that bad this year? This is two absolutely awful starts, a good start (where he got some luck, but that happens), and a pretty bad start in his home opener.

I didn't think his opening start was that bad. He blew the game and his command has been awful all season, but he had nice movement, was throwing a good changeup, and just hasn't had a feel for his slider. I didn't see any reason to panic.

And no, I don't think we are going to see him regularly walk 6 guys a game. He's a much better pitcher than that but I think he is really rusty from being out of baseball for a relatively significant time.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
The only question is when will we hit an identifiable rock bottom...where is the light at the end of the tunnel?

We're closing in on Baltimore, lol.

It's early. Wait till it warms up. We just need to get in a groove. All we need....ah f*** it. This season is over.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:48 PM)
"Aces" who are paid 16 million dollars cannot slump for 4 starts in teh beginning of a season.

And is b****ing about it all day going to change anything? No. He is not starting the year very well. Ok. Great. He has 30+ more starts to change that. If anyone here is seriously suggesting Clayton F'ing Richard over Peavy, then they need to seriously reconsidering following baseball.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:50 AM)
I didn't think his opening start was that bad. He blew the game and his command has been awful all season, but he had nice movement, was throwing a good changeup, and just hasn't had a feel for his slider. I didn't see any reason to panic.

And no, I don't think we are going to see him regularly walk 6 guys a game. He's a much better pitcher than that but I think he is really rusty from being out of baseball for a relatively significant time.

See, I completely agree with your last point, and it's why I was frustrated by the routine they put him through in Spring Training. He just doesn't look comfortable, as he's opening up way too early in his wind-up.