Blue Jays @ White Sox - 1:05 CSN

Heads22

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gavin needs to get on one of his patented 4-6 week hot streaks where he dominates and his curveball is a thing of beauty.

If we actually want to get back into this thing, we can't do it with Gavin pitching like a fifth starter in our rotation from 2001-2004. He has looked more like Jason Grilli than Gavin Floyd of recent vintage. Maybe the warming weather (up until this homestand) will help, as it has with SOME of our hitters like Alexei.

Edited by caulfield12

The wish of Teahen and Vizquel on the bench has been granted.

We'll see how it works out. Romero trifled with us last time. Eveland has gotten us twice already, so let's hope we can solve Romero and get the split and take some momentum into Minnesota.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 12:02 PM)
The wish of Teahen and Vizquel on the bench has been granted.

We'll see how it works out. Romero trifled with us last time. Eveland has gotten us twice already, so let's hope we can solve Romero and get the split and take some momentum into Minnesota.

Romero was pitching OUT OF HIS MIND last time. I don't see that happening again. Although, we're not exactly kings of adjustment. We'll see.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
I hope Gavin gets the perfect game today.

We aren't scoring more than 1 or 2 against Romero, so we better hope he dominates. Romero's extremely impressive, I have no idea how people get good swings against him.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
We aren't scoring more than 1 or 2 against Romero, so we better hope he dominates.

I think we'll score a lot of runs today. The offense is beginning to click and it will hit on all cylinders today.

Edited by sin city sox fan

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:24 PM)
Can anybody think of a worse 1-2 combo the last few years in baseball? Mercy

There's just no reason to keep that combination together right now. Floyd can't be hanging pitches, as Toronto seems to demolish every hanging pitch they get.

Rios with a really bad read on that ball. One of his few misplays of the season.

The time has come to seriously think about Gordon going to Charlotte, I'm afraid. Just think it might be the best thing for him in the long-term. Not sure he can get his confidence back at the big league level...although I am sure Ozzie/KW will give him the benefit of the doubt, 2 more weeks at least.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
Rios with a really bad read on that ball. One of his few misplays of the season.

The time has come to seriously think about Gordon going to Charlotte, I'm afraid. Just think it might be the best thing for him in the long-term. Not sure he can get his confidence back at the big league level...although I am sure Ozzie/KW will give him the benefit of the doubt, 2 more weeks at least.

If they struggle on the road trip, he'll be sent down and be the "scape goat".