NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
good, Shaq is terrible now and just clogs up the middle. A big man with range, like what you saw with R. Wallace last year, would have been a better fit.

exactly, I am kind of surprised by that, the Heat will be at their best when these 3 are playing a dynamic style of game and Shaq is going to weigh that down.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
The league has been going down the drain for awhile now. The entire culture has changed. It is not even entertaining anymore. It is dunks and 3 pointers, just like ghetto ball.

I really thought like it was actually going in a positive direction the last few years. New crop of young stars taking over from the old ones, some of the referee problems from earlier this decade were at least starting to clean up, different teams putting it together, etc.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
And were McHale or Worthy ever considered top 5 players in the league at any point in their careers? lol. Kareem averaged like 12 ppg when the Lakers won in '88. Terrible comparison.

Kevin McHale is in the NBA Hall of Fame.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
good, Shaq is terrible now and just clogs up the middle. A big man with range, like what you saw with R. Wallace last year, would have been a better fit.

You saw the Bulls-Cavs series, right? O'Neal could have put his elbow through Noah's throat and he'd of still gotten to the line.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
I'm just saying that people are so quick to say Jordan is Greatest of All Time, but if LeBron goes out and wins 10 rings, then maybe he would deserve it.

let's have him win one, two and three then he can enter the conversation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
This is from the guy at draftexpress.com

LeBron wouldn't be very happy to hear the things that NBA and media people are saying about him right now. This is just ridiculous.

I think he just cost 29 teams a ton of money.

Jordan was beyond stats and rings. He took over games. I have never seen Queen James do that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
I'm just saying that people are so quick to say Jordan is Greatest of All Time, but if LeBron goes out and wins 10 rings, then maybe he would deserve it.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:58 PM)
let's have him win one, two and three then he can enter the conversation.

Really, no he can't.

Even if he's averaging 35/10/10 the next 3 years, he's doing that with 2 of the other best players in the NBA clearing the way for him.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
The league has been going down the drain for awhile now. The entire culture has changed. It is not even entertaining anymore. It is dunks and 3 pointers, just like ghetto ball.

I couldn't disagree more. You see guys like Rondo and Rose who are perfecting the tear-drop in the lane. You have someone like Durant who has amazing offensive ability. I swear I've heard that "the entire culture has changed" for the last 2 decades.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Jordan was beyond stats and rings. He took over games. I have never seen Queen James do that.

If you haven't, then you haven't been watching.

That game against the Pistons in, what, 2007, where he owned the entire 4th quarter?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
Lebron might never see a double team for the rest of his career.

I say this with all respect to Wade, I think he is a great and dynamic player, but IMO and others opinions he is either going to have to change his game in 3-4 years or he will fall off the table quickly

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Mark Jackson just compared Scottie Pippen and Rodman to Wade and Bosh.

He also said Michael had the luxury of playing with "great role players."

Uhh...

This is why Jackson has never had a legitimate chance of landing an NBA coaching job.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
This is why Jackson has never had a legitimate chance of landing an NBA coaching job.

is he on ESPN? ESPN is going to spin this anyway they can, they have a huge contract with the NBA and need this to work out

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
I say this with all respect to Wade, I think he is a great and dynamic player, but IMO and others opinions he is either going to have to change his game in 3-4 years or he will fall off the table quickly

Change his game...like say, having 2 of the other best players in the NBA make sure that he never has to take a hard hit again?

Thats the problem with a threesome.

They all cant be the best.

So if Lebron is the best, than Wade/Bosh can only be Pippen/Rodman or Grant.

Some one has to get demeaned in the process.

Lets see if these guys can make it work, its not the Celtics where you have 3 guys who are older and understand their place.