NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
If the Bulls hadn't signed Boozer, Al Jefferson probably would now have been available.

He was available already...to clear space for Kevin Love. :lol:

Seriously, I can't wait to watch the Timberwolves now. Rambis couldn't get Jefferson and Love proper minutes last year even with no depth, Beasley is probably going to be playing like 15 minutes because Kurt just HAS to get Nathan Jawai and Ryan Hollins on the floor. Beasley might top Sprewell.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
even though it's only a little over 10 years since Jordan left the Bulls and the championship run, media has changed so much since then, it's impossible to have that type of protection again IMO

Maybe...with so much more access to "publishing" I think you are right that we would have heard some stuff that made MJ look so not great had the media technology been the same as now. But I don't think that Jordan's team would have shot themselves in the face by putting on an ESPN special in which MJ left Chicago unprofessionally, looked liked he'd been playing a week (or months) long hype game, and maybe worst of all made it look like he thought he was bigger than the game and league. The "Decision" and how it was handled was under their control and they screwed up.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)
So what happens if Bosh or Wade go down for an extended period of time? Bosh hasn't played over 80 games since 2004-2005 and Wade isn't exactly a symbol of health.

Then they'll still have a better roster than the Cavs had last year.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:08 AM)
I hope he has his house for sale before they burn that down too. Holy crap are Cleveland fans going off. Extra police already at his house (and they are not looking for Delonte).

Tonight, we're all Cleveland fans

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:56 PM)
don't get suckered, he says what the media wants to hear. He's a real douchebag.

I like Bosh... he's done NOTHING wrong.

Hell, really, no one did. They just didn't look out for the good of the NBA. Miami blows as far as a sports town, but they hired Pat Riley and he's an evil genius. Give them props because they snookered LeBron into going to Wade-County. LeBron will win a couple championships, but it won't really matter.

Crazy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 04:09 AM)
I like Bosh... he's done NOTHING wrong.

Bosh is a total piece of s***. I've said a few times how hated he is by people at Ga Tech who dealt with him. He's always been so worried about his perception.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Bosh is a total piece of s***. I've said a few times how hated he is by people at Ga Tech who dealt with him. He's always been so worried about his perception.

Too bad LeBron wasn't.

I feel bad for Cleveland and Drew Carey. He not only left them, but he did it on national tv. I am still shocked that he needed a special to do that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)
Tonight, we're all Cleveland fans

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)

He's got a point though, I'm not sure Bosh did anything wrong. He's an ideal 2nd fiddle and played that role.

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
I feel bad for Cleveland and Drew Carey. He not only left them, but he did it on national tv. I am still shocked that he needed a special to do that.

I bet it doesn't look nearly as bad to non-hardcore fans. "Oh, how nice of him to help out the boys and girls club".

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
In phoner w/ AP, Gilbert says "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Someone should really give Gilbert some Purple Drank and mellow him out.

By "People" he means "I"

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 11:02 PM)
Can I just say this thread has been amazing for over a week now, and I want to thank everyone involved with it....except for shack, HOW DARE YOU YELL AT ME! You know my wife is giving me hell as it is :P

This thread is going to go over 6,000 replies. Absolutely incredible and it just shows how captivated basketball fans were by this whole FA process.