NBA Offseason Thread

Maybe ESPN asked him. Who knows? Wade and Bosh have been parading around in the media for days, I can give Lebron 1 hour if he gets down to business.

It actually makes me glad because I dont have to read this thread or worry what is going on. Thursday night everything will happen. (imo)

As for disrespectful, how would it be disrespectful if Lebron gave a speech about how Cleveland was his home and he loves it, but some times you have to move on?

Itd be more respectful for him to just leave in the middle of the night?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:49 PM)
lol chris broussard

KNICKS GAINING MAJOR GROUND ON LEBRON

i honestly think lebron can win a championship there....people can go ahead and laugh at me, but that cleveland roster without lebron is roughly a 35 win team IMO...the knicks won 29 last year and are adding Amare....now clearly its not as likely as if he was a bull, but I honestly think no matter what team lebron plays for, they are instantly conference champion contenders

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
i honestly think lebron can win a championship there....people can go ahead and laugh at me, but that cleveland roster without lebron is roughly a 35 win team IMO...the knicks won 29 last year and are adding Amare....now clearly its not as likely as if he was a bull, but I honestly think no matter what team lebron plays for, they are instantly conference champion contenders

He has NO shot at winning in New York in the short term. They are nowhere near the team Cleveland even is honestly.

And I don't buy the Knicks charging hard. That's just to get the NY ratings.

There's this thing called defense. The Knicks wouldn't play any with Stoudemire and Gallinari in the starting lineup and Eddy Curry as the most viable option at center (by default), especially in D'Antoni's system.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Still a f***ing joke. Did MJ hold a 1-hour press conference to announce his comeback in '95? Man I wish Lebron was just simply a very, very good basketball player. I really can't stand him. Give me Kobe any f***ing day over this b****.

MJ announced his return by fax and then let the sharks do their thing.

David lee, a 20/11 guy, will be gone. I'm not saying he's as good as Stoudemire - but it's not as far fetched as you think. Amare averaged 23 ppg last year on a team that had Steve Nash ag PG and lead the league in scoring with 110 points per game and. David Lee averaged 20 ppg on a team that had Chris Duhon at PG and averaged 102 per game.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if David Lee comes to Chicago. If there's any team in HISTORY that suffers from exaggerated numbers, its the Phoenix suns of the last 5 years.

QUOTE (AbeFroman @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
David lee, a 20/11 guy, will be gone. I'm not saying he's as good as Stoudemire - but it's not as far fetched as you think. Amare averaged 23 ppg last year on a team that had Steve Nash ag PG and lead the league in scoring with 110 points per game and. David Lee averaged 20 ppg on a team that had Chris Duhon at PG and averaged 102 per game.

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if David Lee comes to Chicago. If there's any team in HISTORY that suffers from exaggerated numbers, its the Phoenix suns of the last 5 years.

I like me some David Lee, but he isn't a good defender and with the new regime, it probably won't work. In Vinny's type of offense, he would've been nice

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
Maybe ESPN asked him. Who knows? Wade and Bosh have been parading around in the media for days, I can give Lebron 1 hour if he gets down to business.

It actually makes me glad because I dont have to read this thread or worry what is going on. Thursday night everything will happen. (imo)

As for disrespectful, how would it be disrespectful if Lebron gave a speech about how Cleveland was his home and he loves it, but some times you have to move on?

Itd be more respectful for him to just leave in the middle of the night?

I agree. Hearing it from the horse's mouth is the most respectful way to either return or leave. LeBron's handled this process very well. Not sure why it's an hour long though.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
PDcavsinsider

Suddenly it is clear to me. LeBron has changed. A new website. Starting Twitter. This announcement. This isn't the guy I know. 2 minutes ago via web

What the f*** does that mean?

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 6, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
PDcavsinsider

Suddenly it is clear to me. LeBron has changed. A new website. Starting Twitter. This announcement. This isn't the guy I know. 2 minutes ago via web

Somewhere out there, I picture a grumpy Brett Favre jealously following the news... pissed off that his PR team didn't come up with this first.

I mean, is ESPN making it an hour special or is lebron clearing an hour for his special. If dude declares at 950 pm i'll be pissed, but if it's just ESPN...dudes make 3 hours a day for skip bayless, this has way more substance than normal.

That said...i'm resigned to our fate of boozer.

As for someone saying what is the bulls problem in wooing free agents...I mean, it's just hard. In 2000, who the hell would have come here to play on that team? I mean, is there even a current NBA team as bad as that 2000 team? It's easier to keep a superstar than it is to recruit. Gasol-KG-Allen etc, these are the results of trades of a team blowing up and starting over. I don't know, I just don't think this has anything to do with the bulls, just circumstance. Rose is a great player and we were really lucky to get that #1 pick, but we'd be even more lucky if we didn't make that Jalen Rose trade and decided to really suck until 2003 so we could've gotten melo wade or bron. But instead we've just been pretty solid for the past 6 years, in the east. It's a terrible limbo that probably won't end soon unless we take advantage of a team managing poorly and needing to dump a star.