NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Yeah, journalism has basically been a myth in this story. It's all about getting s*** to throw against the wall, throwing it, and hoping it sticks. Getting it right is irrelevant, getting it first is what counts.

Ugh, LeBatard saying he will not play for the Heat next year definitively makes them a bigger threat IMO.

I have no doubt teams and players are using it, so some of it is throwing s*** against the wall and some of it is strategy

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
He said that Bosh was going to the Heat in a sign and trade. Which average fans on this site knew sounded funny. And he is now retracting. Just another guy putting his name on the rumors. And apparently he backed the Stephen A. Smith LeBron to the heat rumors because SAS can't be wrong twice (that's according to Goff).

Is he retracting the Bosh or just saying James isn't going to Miami?

I have met Lebatard before and he is a complete self consumed dooshbag. Obviously doesnt mean anything in regards to himm breaking news I just think its funny when guys like him look stupid with some of their "sure bet" reports.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
lol lebatard

CLARIFICATION: I was referring to James Jones (he was released.) Have NO IDEA what LeBron will do. Stugotz

3 minutes ago via web

lol, great job Dan! Yes, I automatically think of him instead of Lebron when discussing the NBA and "James" comes up!!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Excellent work, knightni. This is an accurate vision of me, and thank you for the avatar idea.

You can change it to a picture of him from the jizz in my pants video if we get Lebron too. Haha

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
Is he retracting the Bosh or just saying James isn't going to Miami?

Bosh sign and trade apparently was retracted (according to the Score).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Just to add fuel to the horrible rumors fire...

Reina If Chris Bosh wants his six-year max contract, it looks like Bryan Colangelo wants Joakim Noah or David Lee in return. Not taking Beasley.

If by "Joakim Noah" he means "Luol Deng and Taj Gibson", sure.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:28 PM)
Bosh sign and trade apparently was retracted (according to the Score).

OK, that's a new update, all I heard and posted about an hour ago was the score reporting a report from Toronto said there's no truth to the Bosh sign and trade and in the NBA thread that's pinned SoxAce posted a link saying Collangelo would want Noah from the Bulls or Lee from the Knicks for Bosh's 6 year sign and trade, not Beasley

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
LeBatard now claims he "heard" about the trade as a possibility, but isnt reporting it as true.

lol, wow, that is a ridiculous backtrack!! Then he should have worded it a ton better, but hey, I'm sure his google trend number went up today!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
I have to admit, this is really fun to follow.

For the record, I think Dan Bernstein is using my LeBron Watch Twitter list. I e-mailed it to him and has since been using tweets off of it. :)

LOL

Thats funny.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
Absolutely. You'd have enough room to sign Lebron as well because Deng's contract is gone.

I agree. That'd then leave us with basically $8 million or so under the cap to go out and sign a starting center and shooting guard.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
I agree. That'd then leave us with basically $8 million or so under the cap to go out and sign a starting center and shooting guard.

If we can get a solid rebounding/defensive center, than I agree with you. but who could we get?