Sox vs. Rays @ 6:10 Garcia (3-3 5.68) vs. Price (7-1 2.41)

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:56 AM)
Got a feeling that Ramirez, Beckham and Rios are going to lead us tonight, and Freddy will bounce back and keep the Rays off balance.

nice to have one of those feelings come true for a change

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:47 PM)
If we don't win this game, Ozzie needs to fire Cora when he returns. Unbelievable to not put your closer in when the tying run is at the plate.

He used his very best pitcher to get the most important out of the game. Makes sense to me. Awesome managing by Cora in this one.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
If we don't win this game, Ozzie needs to fire Cora when he returns. Unbelievable to not put your closer in when the tying run is at the plate.

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA our closer was in the game....if randy williams could actually pitch decent or the team have another lefty that can get hitters out then there is no reason thornton isnt your closer....

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 29, 2010 -> 02:48 AM)
He used his very best pitcher to get the most important out of the game. Makes sense to me. Awesome managing by Cora in this one.

Seriously, it was great. I loved how he used Santos for Bartlett, knowing there were no other good match-ups for Santos possible besides facing Longoria.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
GOOOOOOOD WIN!

We should split this thing at worst now. Big time from Freddy!

This was a nice win. They made em pay for the late inning mistakes. That Rays catcher brought back memories of Wayne Nordhagen.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (beckham15 @ May 28, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA our closer was in the game....if randy williams could actually pitch decent or the team have another lefty that can get hitters out then there is no reason thornton isnt your closer....

Said it numerous times.. that was my biggest beef with KW the whole off-season. Not finding that solid lefty to pair with Thornton in the pen.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Cora managed a great game tonight. That might not bode well for Ozzie...

I wouldn't get carried away. Beckham bailed him out of the bad managing in the top of the 9th. He was ok to stick with Thornton in the bottom with all the lefties coming up. Putting in Putz would have been another bad decision. Doesn't matter though as it was a big win.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
I wouldn't get carried away. Beckham bailed him out of the bad managing in the top of the 9th. He was ok to stick with Thornton in the bottom with all the lefties coming up. Putting in Putz would have been another bad decision. Doesn't matter though as it was a big win.

Matt Thornton is your very best reliever (pitcher?) and he was available to pitch the bottom half of the inning, he should have been the go to guy regardless of who was coming up.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)

I agree.