Sox vs. Rays @ 6:10 Garcia (3-3 5.68) vs. Price (7-1 2.41)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 28, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
No Ozzie tonight. Got a feeling that Ramirez, Beckham and Rios are going to lead us tonight, and Freddy will bounce back and keep the Rays off balance. Hope we see Q back in the lineup.

:headbang

I am holding you to that feeling. But, I've got it to. Sox Fever-Catch IT! :headbang :gosoxretro:

Career vs Price:

Pierre 0/3

Ramirez 1/5

Rios 4/6 w/ 3B, HR, BB

Konerko 4/6 w/ 2B, HR, K

Jones 3/8 w/ 2HR, BB

Quentin 1/4 w/ 2BB, 2K

Teahen 0/5 w/ 2K

Castro 0 PA

Beckham 0/5 w/ BB, K

Our 3-6 hitters are a combined .500/.571/.889/1.460 with 4 HR in 24 AB vs Price

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
Career vs Price:

Pierre 0/3

Ramirez 1/5

Rios 4/6 w/ 3B, HR, BB

Konerko 4/6 w/ 2B, HR, K

Jones 3/8 w/ 2HR, BB

Quentin 1/4 w/ 2BB, 2K

Teahen 0/5 w/ 2K

Castro 0 PA

Beckham 0/5 w/ BB, K

Our 3-6 hitters are a combined .500/.571/.889/1.460 with 4 HR in 24 AB vs Price

Great opportunity here for the Sox. They can take a game here, and still have Danks and Peavy (who can still be devastating if he's got it figured out) going on Sat-Sun.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 28, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
Pierre LF

Ramirez SS

Rios CF

Konerko 1B

Jones RF

Quentin DH

Teahen 3B

Castro C

Beckham 2B

Are we ever going to throw out an actual starting lineup with (what should be) our nine starters? It just seems like we keep going from having TCQ out, Kotsay in, Jones out, AJ out, Castro in without rhyme or reason.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Are we ever going to throw out an actual starting lineup with (what should be) our nine starters? It just seems like we keep going from having TCQ out, Kotsay in, Jones out, AJ out, Castro in without rhyme or reason.

Mark Kotsay has 0 hits this year against LHP. David Price probably isn't exactly a pushover from that side.

Quentin has been awful the whole season, and Kotsay has been hot (>.900 OPS) for the last 3 weeks. Jones has struggled the last month but has still been vastly better than Quentin.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)

At least Vizquel is not playing ;)

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
I'm not talking about tonights game in particular, i just haven't seen a lineup with our best nine (A.J, Konerko, Beckham, Teahen, Ramirez, Jones, Rios, Pierre, TCQ) in some time. We're abusing versatility.

That's the point. They're not our best 9.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)

Unless you mean not our best 9 this month (since Kotsay is hitting very well in May and even Vizquel, though he would be on our best 9 if he wasn't 43 and on the verge of retiring) you are 100% wrong on this one. They are our best 9. Two months don't make a career. I don't even think thunderbolt would put Jayson Nix in his best 9 and he's Nix's biggest fan on this site.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)

In the long-term, I'd rather seem that lineup then any lineup with Vizquel or Kotsay in it. For now, Kotsay can ride his hot streak, but the nine i listed are the best guys on the roster (which says more bad then good.)

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
In the long-term, I'd rather seem that lineup then any lineup with Vizquel or Kotsay in it. For now, Kotsay can ride his hot streak, but the nine i listed are the best guys on the roster (which says more bad then good.)

And until Beckham and Quentin start hitting, I'm not going to complain one iota if they keep rotating through the bench every 2-3 days to work on their swings in the batting cage.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
And until Beckham and Quentin start hitting, I'm not going to complain one iota if they keep rotating through the bench every 2-3 days to work on their swings in the batting cage.

I was more weirded out by us benching A.J. for Castro. We should be exposing A.J. to as many scouts as possible.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
I was more weirded out by us benching A.J. for Castro. We should be exposing A.J. to as many scouts as possible.

Against a tough LH pitcher?

If a team doesn't know what they're getting with AJ by now, then they have some serious scouting issues.