Sox vs. Rays @ 6:10 Garcia (3-3 5.68) vs. Price (7-1 2.41)

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
who cares as long as he gets the job done in save situations. That's what his role is.

He's going to implode really soon, to ignore these trends is simply wishful thinking. You don't keep throwing a guy out their to close games, if he's going to let people on-base and give up hits.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
It will be interesting.

Do you go with Thornton or Putz against Jaso, who's a switch hitter. I'd probably go with Thornton and then bring in Putz against Longoria.

On second thought, with Pena lurking, I'd just take my chances with Matty.

I don't like Pena coming up against Putz at all, just has a bad vibe/feeling to it.

Jaso's a lefty. It should be Thornton 100%

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
who cares as long as he gets the job done in save situations. That's what his role is.

he barely got the job done against the indians the other night giving up what 3 runs in the ninth? I've seen far too many games like this from him this year....his stats says it all i dont care if he's only blown one save

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
Hell of a play by Longoria. DAGUMIT.

I miss the days of Crede making anything that went by him an out.

Why couldn't he be left handed and healthy?

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)

Top of the 9th inning of tied home ballgames is also a closer's role and Jenks has blown 2 of those on the young season.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
Is anyone as shocked as I am that AJ is "leading the league" in least amount of strikeouts this year? He has only 9 K's in 143 AB......Pierre is 3rd with only 13 K's in 191 AB.

Nah, he swings at everything and tends to put it on the ground.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 28, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
It's Matt. Probably Putz if he gets in trouble.

i'd leave Thornton in and go with Jenks if needed. Why throw Putz in a close situation? If he blows it and your closer is available, all you're doing is asking for trouble.If he saves it, all you have is controversy. Jenks has done nothing in save sitautions to warant not being out there.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:38 PM)
I also like Alexei hitting 2nd. Don't know why to be honest, but I have always thought that is where he can do the best.

Ya he was good last year at that spot.

.281/.343/.422/.765

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 28, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Is anyone as shocked as I am that AJ is "leading the league" in least amount of strikeouts this year? He has only 9 K's in 143 AB......Pierre is 3rd with only 13 K's in 191 AB.

AJ and Juan are usually right around the league leaders in lowest K%. This should be a shock to no one.