2010 Summer TV Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 04:56 PM)
Parts were great, parts were awful. WTF is Michael Douglas of all people telling me how revolutionaries worked hard and how that's the American spirit? They really dropped the ball not keeping those "interviews" within the academic world, with you know, people who know wtf they are talking about.

Excited this summer for:

cont'd excellence from Breaking Bad (best show on TV right now IMO)

Its Always Sunny

Mad Men

Rubicon (looks very cool and AMC has become the 2nd coming of the HBO drama)

Louie

DVR'ing:

True Blood (totally lame I know, but whatever, lots of T&A)

Last Comic Standing (w/ the dude from the Office, should be good)

Wipeout (good time waster)

My Boys (again, totally lame, but set in Chicago)

I'vae had season 1 of Breaking Bad queued up On Netflix for a few weeks and it keeps saying LONG WAIT.

Love Mad Men as well.

With you on True Blood. I don't particularly get into it but I watch it.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tosh would be funnier if he didn't go for the outrageous/racy/over the top/gross-out jokes, and stuck to just some smart witty riffs on these stupid videos. Him going blue seems sooo forced.... His delivery is more suited for other types of jokes....

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Big Brother is really all im looking forward to.

Thought I was the only one here who religiously watched Big Brother every summer. Ha

True Blood premiere was good.

I'm one of those guys who reads live feed reports and is always spoiled by nominees and vetos. Don't care.

The 3 hours on CBS don't show or mention the good stuff. The Big Brother After Dark on Showtime is ok but you have no choice which feed you want to watch and it is sometimes boring. Last year, there were so many good fights.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 04:36 PM)
I'm one of those guys who reads live feed reports and is always spoiled by nominees and vetos. Don't care.

The 3 hours on CBS don't show or mention the good stuff. The Big Brother After Dark on Showtime is ok but you have no choice which feed you want to watch and it is sometimes boring. Last year, there were so many good fights.

LOL i read the live feed updates too. I stop when they do nominations and veto though. I like seeing it on tv.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Daniel Tosh stand up tickets go on presale tomorrow morning. Show is in November at the Chicago Theater. We saw him at the Congress about a year ago and he was hysterically funny.

(Wasn't sure where else to put this)

Don't remind me. :(

I had tickets to that, 2nd row nonetheless, but I had to sell them because my high school decided to schedule our senior banquet on the same night. :(

I figure not a lot of other people on this board watch shows like The Hills, but my wife was watching it last night and one of the prettiest girls I've ever seen has been on the show the last few weeks. Michaela is her name....and holy hotness!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
The last two Breaking Bad episodes were probably the best two hours of television I've seen in a long, long time (including one of my favorite shows, Lost). Just crazy good. Easily the best show on tv, and quickly becoming the best drama of all time.

Better than The Wire eh?