2010 Summer TV Thread

Brian

God damnit, the finale of Breaking Bad was epic. The scene when Walt was at the lab, and Mike was trying to convince him to go down below was insane.

Wow.

SPOILER OF LAST SCENE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SZXewpZIKo

3:00 - "6353 Wontabo. Apartment 6......YEAH"

That s***'ll make the hair on your nuts stand up.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 02:04 AM)
God damnit, the finale of Breaking Bad was epic. The scene when Walt was at the lab, and Mike was trying to convince him to go down below was insane.

Yes. That was one of the best moments I can recall in any drama.

As I told a friend, if Breaking Bad can maintain this level of goodness for six seasons, then yes, it will overtake the Wire. In fact, I think if you compare the first three of each, Breaking Bad wins pretty easily. It gets better and better. I didn't think they could top season 2, but they did. I HATED Ziggy and the dock story line in season 2 of the Wire.

There has never been a show that makes me sit at the edge of my seat, gasp, and say "whaaa?!?!" more than Breaking Bad. And it's not some writing gimmick like Lost. It's pure emotional, flight or fight response. People aren't killed like in the Sopranos just to be raw. There's important, meaningful consequenses for every action. And I LOVE how they kept the main theme of the show going. At any point, people act in that grey area of good or bad, justfiying their actions to fit their situation. Crazy good stuff.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
Felix, one week!

:D

I think Comedy Central is having a marathon on Sunday, which should be a good way of preparing for the new episodes :)

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
Breaking Bad makes Lost seem like a pile of puke

Lots of shows do that :P

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
:D

I think Comedy Central is having a marathon on Sunday, which should be a good way of preparing for the new episodes :)

Lots of shows do that :P

There's a good chance I won't be leaving the house on Sunday, then.

They had all of the episodes from Bender's Game on last night. It amazes me how many small lines from the dialogue just make me think twice and laugh.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
There's a good chance I won't be leaving the house on Sunday, then.

Looks like it's 8 episodes in a row from 8 PM to midnight on Sunday. So not quite a marathon, but a good way to get into the Futurama mood :P

And yeah, Benders Game was awesome. Easily the best of the movies IMO.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
I've only seen the pilot episode of this show, but it looks quite promising. I'm gonna be downloading it somehow, assuming I can find it, but I recommend it for anyone willing to try a British Comedy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inbetweeners

I have seen the first 2 seasons on BBCAmerica. i love this show.

Just finished watching the Fresh Meat finale.

Entertaining season, thought the Fresh Meat made it better. Good to see the good guy, who happens to be the most athletic person, win despite having to carry his big tittied partner the whole time. TJ was the star of this season, especially after he called out Evelyn. That reunion show needs to go, cause its so scripted that its basically unwatchable.

The Real World New Orleans trailer looks like an awesome location with some horrible people. I hope it will be watchable, but I don't expect it to be.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 14, 2010 -> 02:14 PM)
Fixed, because its awesome.

Big Brother is really all im looking forward to.

I think you just have to watch Entourage for what it is and not look too deep into it.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Just finished watching the Fresh Meat finale.

Entertaining season, thought the Fresh Meat made it better. Good to see the good guy, who happens to be the most athletic person, win despite having to carry his big tittied partner the whole time. TJ was the star of this season, especially after he called out Evelyn. That reunion show needs to go, cause its so scripted that its basically unwatchable.

The Real World New Orleans trailer looks like an awesome location with some horrible people. I hope it will be watchable, but I don't expect it to be.

I'm with you on the reunions. You can tell they are so heavily edited as well.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
I can't complain with those first two. They're always better after being seen a couple of times.

They weren't great, but it's about what I expected for the first two episodes. Hopefully it'll get back in its groove for next weeks episode.

Either way, new Futurama is better than no Futurama!