2010 Summer TV Thread

Brian

QUOTE (Felix @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
They weren't great, but it's about what I expected for the first two episodes. Hopefully it'll get back in its groove for next weeks episode.

Either way, new Futurama is better than no Futurama!

I personally loved them. I think the whole robot versions of Fry and Leela were a little weird though....

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)
I personally loved them. I think the whole robot versions of Fry and Leela were a little weird though....

The last second of that episode had me cracking up. The 2nd episode was a little weaker, but still entertaining.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Looking forward to the premier of Louis tomorrow night on F/X. Big Louis CK fan.

He is an outstanding stand-up definitely one of my favorites. At least out of the more famous comedians.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
He is an outstanding stand-up definitely one of my favorites. At least out of the more famous comedians.

I'm also glad to see that Ricky Gervais will at least make a cameo and perhaps have a reoccurring role.

It's also spelled "Louie" on the show for some weird reason...

Anyway...to the Rescue Me fans out there...Does anyone else have this opinion of the show?

I love it, I've watched every episodes of every season since 2004, but most of it is not very memorable like other dramas in the world. I can barely remember stuff from the previous season, or seasons...like, besides Tommy talking to Jesus at some points in Season Two I'd be damned if I can remember other things from that season. Also, It seems like every character except Tommy has like a "character re-boot" each season, they got a new sets of personality traits haha

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
I love it, I've watched every episodes of every season since 2004, but most of it is not very memorable like other dramas in the world. I can barely remember stuff from the previous season, or seasons...like, besides Tommy talking to Jesus at some points in Season Two I'd be damned if I can remember other things from that season. Also, It seems like every character except Tommy has like a "character re-boot" each season, they got a new sets of personality traits haha

No, I remember most of the stuff from Rescue Me, but I had that same problem with 24. I had trouble remembering a lot of previous seasons. Rescue Me has been hit or miss with me. It has had some really good seasons and some pretty bad seasons. Last season was the only one that was kind of in the middle for me. I hope this season kicks ass though!

QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
It's also spelled "Louie" on the show for some weird reason...

Anyway...to the Rescue Me fans out there...Does anyone else have this opinion of the show?

I just got caught up through the Netflix site so it is all pretty fresh in my mind. Season 5 was pretty lackluster til the finale IMO.

Looking forward to the new episodes.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 28, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
I just got caught up through the Netflix site so it is all pretty fresh in my mind. Season 5 was pretty lackluster til the finale IMO.

Looking forward to the new episodes.

haha i had the opposite opinion, i thought the bulk of the last season was pretty damn stellar, probably the best it'd been in a long time, but that finale BLEW. Waaaaay to daytime soapy for me. they did the same thing in season three(?) when Tommy was left in that burning beach house...it's like OF COURSE he's going to live, he's the main character. Unless they are gonna have the balls toactually kill Tommy off when this season starts, it's a cop-out.

Six Feet Under did the same thing when Nate almost died at the start of the second season...

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 29, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
My DVR says 2 episodes tonight. Will it be like that every week. I'm gonna give it a shot since it is after Rescue Me, but did not like his HBO show.

Yes, 2 a week. Heard Louis say that in an interview last week.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
Not "summer" really, but I had the entire season of V on my DVR and I just started watching yesterday. So far I'm about half way in, and I'm loving it.

It got better about half way through. I liked it. Never saw the original so it's all new to me. I'll pick it up again this fall. Liked FlashForward better but whatever.