06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The idea of Viciedo catching errant Teahen and Ramirez throws isn't so palatable.

I think Viciedo/Flowers will need to DH and play the field occasionally, but I'm more and more in favor of trying to retain Konerko at $5-6.5 million per over two years with a club option for 2013.

We certainly can't have Josh Kroeger et al there or our attendance will be bottom 3 in the majors.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 06:22 PM)
The idea of Viciedo catching errant Teahen and Ramirez throws isn't so palatable.

I think Viciedo/Flowers will need to DH and play the field occasionally, but I'm more and more in favor of trying to retain Konerko at $5-6.5 million per over two years with a club option for 2013.

We certainly can't have Josh Kroeger et al there or our attendance will be bottom 3 in the majors.

Kroeger sucks

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
The thing is if they win today they have less of a chance to win on Tuesday. Maybe they would just rather win Tuesday. Make no mistake about it. This is a good ballclub. They just haven't found their stride yet.

Haha, I love you!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
He has to have more than 5 to 7 mph separation between the change and fastball in order to be successful. Mark either has to find his fastball, or slow down his change. with that little difference hitters can sit in the middle and still catch up to both.

Normally, 10 plus is what the scouts love to see.

Everything Buehrle is throwing is so close (78-86 MPH) it's becoming indistinguishable between fastball and offspeed stuff.

When you think about Jenks, Floyd, Contreras or Danks at their best, they have that differential between fastball and curveball/forkball/slider.

Edited by caulfield12

One thing is for sure.

Giving at-bats to Pierre, Vizquel, Kotsay, and Andruw Jones is going to make less and less sense for our long-term future.

If it were up to me, Teahen would be included in that list.

I'd actually rather see Nix get regular playing time again and DFA him after a month if he fails to hit like he did occasionally in 2009.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)
Omar Vizquel has a better OBP this season than Ozzie Guillen had with the Sox and is only .005 lower than Luis Aparicio's career OBP.

I know Omar is hated around these parts mostly, but I love the guy for what he is. No he's not the 90's Vizquel anymore, but he still has value on a 25 man roster.

The thing is if they win today they have less of a chance to win on Tuesday. Maybe they would just rather win Tuesday. Make no mistake about it. This is a good ballclub. They just haven't found their stride yet.

Hawk is hilarious today, keeps saying we got them right where we want them. Just like all year with the Tribe!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, too funny!!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:33 PM)
Vizquel, Teahen, Jones, Kotsay and Castro don't even make the bench on more than 5 other major league teams, mostly NL squads.

Add Nix to that list, that's 40% of our "offensive" roster.

Really?

I'd say they all do.