06/06/2010, 1:05 CST, CSN, Mark Buehrle v. Jake Westbrook

iamshack

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:00 PM)
I hope we lose this one like 15-2. Something drastic needs to happen.

You really think it matters if they win this game 8-7 or lose it 10-8 or lose it 15-2 in regards to what the franchise is going to do? It would be like basing giving a guy a $50 million extension based on one AB. If Ozzie quits or gets fired, Joey Cora is the manager. If Greg Walker gets the shaft, Gary Ward is coming in, and that already turned out badly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
I'm actually getting excited at possible personnel changes in the next 24 hours. This is definitely a manager terminated-esque season/home stand.

Do you REALLY think it's going to happen? I don't. I have no faith in KW or JR to make a change. This is a WORLD SERIES TEAM (5 years ago)!!!!! OZ FOREVER!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 12:08 PM)
I'm actually getting excited at possible personnel changes in the next 24 hours. This is definitely a manager terminated-esque season/home stand.

on just about any other team but this one. I don't care what konerko or anyone else says, they've given up.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
on just about any other team but this one. I don't care what konerko or anyone else says, they've given up.

Well, Konerko is a terrible leader, so no one should care what he says anyways.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
You really think it matters if they win this game 8-7 or lose it 10-8 or lose it 15-2 in regards to what the franchise is going to do? It would be like basing giving a guy a $50 million extension based on one AB. If Ozzie quits or gets fired, Joey Cora is the manager. If Greg Walker gets the shaft, Gary Ward is coming in, and that already turned out badly.

Maybe they can hire Rudy Jaramillo as their hitting coach? I hear the team he's working for isn't hitting all that well.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
I don't think anything changes here. I honestly think this organization values 2005 that much. This is incredibly depressing.

I won't mind if there are no organizational changes.

I will be darn mad if we keep this up and we don't start selling players to move on.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Well, Konerko is a terrible leader, so no one should care what he says anyways.

He's a great guy and a great player, but this is Ozzie's clubhouse, he doesn't want anyone challenging his authority. 2008 proves that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)

Obviously, if we fire Ozzie, we aren't going to do anything this year. I don't think anyone who is all there in the head would disagree. This team is 100% done. If we stick out the year with Oz at the helm, we'll fade into oblivion and all that we gained from '05 will be gone (if its not already).

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
Obviously, if we fire Ozzie, we aren't going to do anything this year. I don't think anyone who is all there in the head would disagree. This team is 100% done. If we stick out the year with Oz at the helm, we'll fade into oblivion and all that we gained from '05 will be gone (if its not already).

The real question you have to ask is...can you find a manager who will do a better job with the future of the team?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
Is this the worst time in recent memory to be a White Sox fan? Take into account the state of the minor league organization and the fact that the 2007 team was crippled by injuries.

Yes, without a doubt. There's really not much to be excited about regarding the future of this team over the next 2-3 years.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Is this the worst time in recent memory to be a White Sox fan? Take into account the state of the minor league organization and the fact that the 2007 team was crippled by injuries.

2007 was worse although this team can get there. People forget that team was battling for the worst record in baseball before a meaningless nice September run behind Jerry Owens and Josh Fields.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
The real question you have to ask is...can you find a manager who will do a better job with the future of the team?

Yes, I believe you can find a manager who handles the rebuilding movement better. Ozzie's never been one that enjoys using young players, and heck, maybe young players are scared of him? Also, some changes in philosophy, such as being more aggressive with 3-0 hitting would be nice to see.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:14 PM)

You mean for the remainder of this year? Absolutely not.

And as far as the next years after Ozzie, it really can't be hard to find someone better. Honestly, we'd be a better team right now if we didn't have a manager.

I'm still all for the idea of the fans running the team. With the technology these days, it wouldn't be hard to make some kind of democratic vote for lineups, pitching changes, pinch runners/hitters, all that. And I am 100% sure we'd do a better job running the team than Oz. I say that in all seriousness.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Also, some changes in philosophy, such as being more aggressive with 3-0 hitting would be nice to see.

Really? You think part of the problem with these guys is not being sufficiently aggressive?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Really? You think part of the problem with these guys is not being sufficiently aggressive?

No, better approach at the plate. Since Ozzie won't fire Walker, then Ozzie needs to go in order to get a new hitting coach installed. I wish we'd just get rid of all the coaches, including KW. Time to start over, and have a group of characters that don't have more job security than a bosses' son.