Day 2 Draft thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
Kevin Goldstein Kevin_Goldstein

Sources indicate that Stetson Allie's price tag is $3 million 6 minutes ago via TweetDeck

I would imagine that Wilsons is similar, anybody know for sure? We could sure use a power hitting OF prospect. There is a distinct lack of talent in the system, especially at the lower levels. I get spoiled here watching the Angels A team that trots out 5 first round picks, one of whom appears to be better than anyone in the Sox system.

Just out of curiosity, how do you guys know so much about these prospects? I love baseball and try to follow it a little in the minors, I get most of my info from you guys on that. :-) But do you guys just read BA and other sites about these draftees?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 06:49 AM)
Give me A.J. Cole. Very projectable high school righty. Already got three solid pitches that project as above-average pitches in the majors. Throws gas. He could be a front-line starter if all goes right, or back-end weapon in a worst-case scenario.

Sure, what would it take to buy him out of college though? Top 10 money?

I think Paxton would be pretty decent pick, first round talent, no leverage to use in not signing, and could move pretty quickly possibly making the rotation in mid 2011 or the beginning of 2012. Then in the third round you roll the dice on a guy with signability concerns. Not sure Paxton will still be on the board, but he is a pretty safe pick for a second round guy at best he is a mid-rotation guy at worst a LH set up man.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 8, 2010 -> 10:59 AM)
I think Paxton would be pretty decent pick, first round talent, no leverage to use in not signing, and could move pretty quickly possibly making the rotation in mid 2011 or the beginning of 2012. Then in the third round you roll the dice on a guy with signability concerns. Not sure Paxton will still be on the board, but he is a pretty safe pick for a second round guy at best he is a mid-rotation guy at worst a LH set up man.

Boras client?