For the Love of Chase Blackwood

BrenBlackwood

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I offer some advice that you can pass on to Chase? If or when he comes back to Birmingham, there is a group of female stalkers that take thousands of pictures at the games and follow the players to wherever they go to party. They also try to get close to family members and girlfriends/wives. I know the players have to be nice, and I know they can't stand these women. A few are middle aged, a couple are young, a couple are weird and hideous. Just a warning for Chase and for you if you visit him if he's ever in B'ham again. We'll make room for you in our section that way you can be close to the home dugout if you ever come down here.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
That explains a whole HELL of a lot.

LOL What does that explain?! ..Why I like him so much? ..Of course, I know his whole story and everything he's been through and I see how well he handles everything! He's a great person and doesn't let things get to him!! He handles things gracefully and maturely ..That's why I love him ..I know what he stands for.

I'm almost 3 years older than Chase. We met in elementary school, he was a grade higher than most kids his age ..he was in 3rd grade I was in 5th ...he was in my brothers class. ..We lost touch for years..I was in Arkansas, he in Montana ..I found him on FB ..requested him, he accepted ..we were talking for 2 months before both of us had to come Back to Taft at the same time!! :) ..We have been together ever since. He is more mature than a lot of guys I know my age, we are practically the same person!!

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:32 PM)
Can I offer some advice that you can pass on to Chase? If or when he comes back to Birmingham, there is a group of female stalkers that take thousands of pictures at the games and follow the players to wherever they go to party. They also try to get close to family members and girlfriends/wives. I know the players have to be nice, and I know they can't stand these women. A few are middle aged, a couple are young, a couple are weird and hideous. Just a warning for Chase and for you if you visit him if he's ever in B'ham again. We'll make room for you in our section that way you can be close to the home dugout if you ever come down here.

I will certainly tell him! Thank You very much, that's so nice of you!! ..Chase and I don't party or anything like that though, we are oldd people! lol ..It's all about movie nights for us! ..That keeps us out of trouble. Chase will tell a woman nicely at first that he is engaged ..if she still persists, he will be rude ..he will make her feel like a worthless, dirty slut!! ..He HATES cheaters and home wreckers, if someone is disrespecting me, he won't have it!! :)

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Yeah, it all makes more sense now.

Just couldn't accept that someone genuinely liked Blackwood huh?!?! LMFAO ..It's ok, I respect everyone's opinion, they can all speak whatever they wish, it harms me none and motivates Chase ..So I let them say what they want and it won't get to me!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:42 PM)
Just couldn't accept that someone genuinely liked Blackwood huh?!?! LMFAO ..It's ok, I respect everyone's opinion, they can all speak whatever they wish, it harms me none and motivates Chase ..So I let them say what they want and it won't get to me!

No, it was more of just discovering the missing puzzle piece. I understand being a fan, you just seemed like it was on another level, like it is, that he's the love of your life. That's why it makes more sense.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
I think that they thought it was strange that you were engaged but "stalking" a ballplayer. Without realizing that the guy you were engaged to WAS the ballplayer.

LOL you are probably correct about that!! I'm not a creeper, just a very supportive fiancee!! No matter how well he's doing, or if he goes 1-9 in a 20 inning game, I'm behind him 100% ...telln him "C'mon Blacky, what the hell are you doing? get with the program ...Love You!" haha:)

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
No, it was more of just discovering the missing puzzle piece. I understand being a fan, you just seemed like it was on another level, like it is, that he's the love of your life. That's why it makes more sense.

He absolutely is!! Whether people on here like or hate him, the guys he plays with love him. He's always playing jokes (putting eye black in Dan Blacks hat and convincing him the stuff on his forehead is his hat melting) ..and making them laugh, they have nothing but great times with Chase. They all see how well he plays when he gets batting time and they know he shouldn't be in Bristol ..they are all convinced he'll be moving up ..and these are the guys that see him every single day.

Obviously I'm rooting for him, but if he doesn't go up..that's great too ..he can stay home with me! :)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
LOL What does that explain?! ..Why I like him so much? ..Of course, I know his whole story and everything he's been through and I see how well he handles everything! He's a great person and doesn't let things get to him!! He handles things gracefully and maturely ..That's why I love him ..I know what he stands for.

I'm almost 3 years older than Chase. We met in elementary school, he was a grade higher than most kids his age ..he was in 3rd grade I was in 5th ...he was in my brothers class. ..We lost touch for years..I was in Arkansas, he in Montana ..I found him on FB ..requested him, he accepted ..we were talking for 2 months before both of us had to come Back to Taft at the same time!! :) ..We have been together ever since. He is more mature than a lot of guys I know my age, we are practically the same person!!

Haha, that's cool to hear. :) Kudos to you two.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
He absolutely is!! Whether people on here like or hate him, the guys he plays with love him. He's always playing jokes (putting eye black in Dan Blacks hat and convincing him the stuff on his forehead is his hat melting) ..and making them laugh, they have nothing but great times with Chase. They all see how well he plays when he gets batting time and they know he shouldn't be in Bristol ..they are all convinced he'll be moving up ..and these are the guys that see him every single day.

Obviously I'm rooting for him, but if he doesn't go up..that's great too ..he can stay home with me! :)

Nobody dislikes a guy who works hard and is blue collar all the way. By the way, you do realize people on here would love to hear his inside insight into the pitching prospects in the organization.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:57 PM)
Nobody dislikes a guy who works hard and is blue collar all the way. By the way, you do realize people on here would love to hear his inside insight into the pitching prospects in the organization.

200% yes. We'd love to hear from him, and anything he has to say. A few years back, we actually had some guys in the system who posted here. It was a priceless look at what goes on in the minors.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Her soon to be husband, and a catcher in the organization.

Gotcha. That was kind of a joke towards the swear filter, but good luck to the future Mr. & Mrs. Blackwood and I hope to see Chase in a White Sox jersey in the near future.

Chase will be home tonight and will be home until the 14th ..If you can think of some specific questions you would like to ask, he said he would be happy to answer them as long as it's something he's allowed to!! There are some bits of information that they aren't allowed to just tell people!

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Chase will be home tonight and will be home until the 14th ..If you can think of some specific questions you would like to ask, he said he would be happy to answer them as long as it's something he's allowed to!! There are some bits of information that they aren't allowed to just tell people!

We'll give you tonight for personal time. Set up a thread in Future Sox for questions and he can answer them tomorrow.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)

Who was involved in the Kennedy assassination?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
We'll give you tonight for personal time. Set up a thread in Future Sox for questions and he can answer them tomorrow.

I absolutely will do that!! ..He doesn't get in until 9:30 tonight, so he wouldn't have time tonight anyway!! :)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 11:07 PM)
Gotcha. That was kind of a joke towards the swear filter, but good luck to the future Mr. & Mrs. Blackwood and I hope to see Chase in a White Sox jersey in the near future.

I don't. That would mean something terrible has happened to the organization.