For the Love of Chase Blackwood

BrenBlackwood

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 11:35 PM)
I don't. That would mean something terrible has happened to the organization.

This might have upset me if your opinion mattered to me ..since it doesn't ..I'm still smiling!! :)

He's had people like you telling him he wasn't going anywhere before, it's not like you're the first person who's formed an opinion about him, without knowing anything about him. ...Despite those people and their worthless opinions, he's still a pro Baseball player (one the organization really likes) ..It just sucks for you that as long as I'm posting on Soxtalk, you have to hear about him!! :) ..I understand that means that I'll have to deal with your ignorant remarks, but I'm a big girl, I can handle it! Hope your day is freakin' peachy!!

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 04:09 PM)
Steve, leave her alone, please.

She's calling people ignorant because they can read a stat page, but we better leave her alone? Good call, Jeremy.

All I did was point out a White Sox prospects' poor OPS. If that is not allowed at Soxtalk anymore, then we have problems... and I'm aware this is the SLAM forum, but it's a random thread on a White Sox prospect in SLAM so I'll be damned if I won't talk baseball numbers on this website.

Edited by Steve9347

Look, I'll talk to her as well. But she's the future spouse of a Sox minor leaguer. It consitutes a personal attack if you throw negative stats at her about him. She and he both know that he's struggling, there's no point in reminding her.

You know I wouldn't single you out if it wasn't needed.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Look, I'll talk to her as well. But she's the future spouse of a Sox minor leaguer. It consitutes a personal attack if you throw negative stats at her about him. She and he both know that he's struggling, there's no point in reminding her.

You know I wouldn't single you out if it wasn't needed.

Jeremy, come on.

It's not a personal attack. I have nothing against Bren, and I have nothing against Chase Blackwood the person, just as I'm sure J4L doesn't either. A personal attack would not constitute my posting an OPS figure. That's baseball. We talk baseball here.

That's all I got, man.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Jeremy, come on.

It's not a personal attack. I have nothing against Bren, and I have nothing against Chase Blackwood the person, just as I'm sure J4L doesn't either. A personal attack would not constitute my posting an OPS figure. That's baseball. We talk baseball here.

That's all I got, man.

You knew exactly what you were doing when you posted that. But, I certainly am not going to sit here and say it was an "attack". It was just kind of a tacky post at that point in the thread.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
You knew exactly what you were doing when you posted that. But, I certainly am not going to sit here and say it was an "attack". It was just kind of a tacky post at that point in the thread.

Pretty much the usual "asshole/douche" post from Steve. If you know him like most of us do, it ain't no thang.

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 04:41 PM)
This might have upset me if your opinion mattered to me ..since it doesn't ..I'm still smiling!! :)

He's had people like you telling him he wasn't going anywhere before, it's not like you're the first person who's formed an opinion about him, without knowing anything about him. ...Despite those people and their worthless opinions, he's still a pro Baseball player (one the organization really likes) ..It just sucks for you that as long as I'm posting on Soxtalk, you have to hear about him!! :) ..I understand that means that I'll have to deal with your ignorant remarks, but I'm a big girl, I can handle it! Hope your day is freakin' peachy!!

I didn't get the impression that J4L meant that post to be as deep as you read into it. His statement is factual, because even if Blackwood started ripping the cover off the ball right now, to see him at the MLB level in the near future means something bad happened (multiple injuries, bad trades, etc.)

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:43 PM)
I didn't get the impression that J4L meant that post to be as deep as you read into it. His statement is factual, because even if Blackwood started ripping the cover off the ball right now, to see him at the MLB level in the near future means something bad happened (multiple injuries, bad trades, etc.)

That's why I didn't even respond back. Nothing good would come about it. It's obvious in her mind dude is Barry Bonds.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
Pretty much the usual "asshole/douche" post from Steve. If you know him like most of us do, it ain't no thang.

Thank you to those of you defending me and Chase!! I appreciate it a lot. All I'm here for is to be a positive person in Chase's life ..remind him when he gets frustrated that all he can do is keep his head up and not sweat the small things!! I thought trying to get more people behind him would be an encouragement to him. It's not like I'm on here trying to fill anyone's head with BS about Chase, I post negatives just the same as I would a positive. I'm not all about "Oh, Chase Blackwood is the best Baseball player in the world" pfff, that would just be naive ..and that, I am not! I know we haven't seen much from him so far this season and I know all about the .532 OPS ..this is Chase's 2nd season pro and he hasn't seen consistent batting time for any of it ..Chase is doing a lot better now and will only continue to do so!! :) So, by all means, post the numbers, they aren't something I haven't seen before!!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 06:49 PM)
That's why I didn't even respond back. Nothing good would come about it. It's obvious in her mind dude is Barry Bonds.

And there is nothing wrong with that. Hell if I ever get married (god forbid.. :P) in my mind, my wife would look like _________*insert beautiful cover model's name.* Could care less if anyone thinks she isn't THAT hot, she is to me.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)

Then to J4L, I apologize for the misunderstanding!! ..To you ,Thank you for setting me straight!! :)

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
Then to J4L, I apologize for the misunderstanding!! ..To you ,Thank you for setting me straight!! :)

It's all good. I just didn't interpret what J4L said as being anti-Chase Blackwood

QUOTE (girlslikebaseballtoo#26 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
Thank you to those of you defending me and Chase!! I appreciate it a lot. All I'm here for is to be a positive person in Chase's life ..remind him when he gets frustrated that all he can do is keep his head up and not sweat the small things!! I thought trying to get more people behind him would be an encouragement to him. It's not like I'm on here trying to fill anyone's head with BS about Chase, I post negatives just the same as I would a positive. I'm not all about "Oh, Chase Blackwood is the best Baseball player in the world" pfff, that would just be naive ..and that, I am not! I know we haven't seen much from him so far this season and I know all about the .532 OPS ..this is Chase's 2nd season pro and he hasn't seen consistent batting time for any of it ..Chase is doing a lot better now and will only continue to do so!! :) So, by all means, post the numbers, they aren't something I haven't seen before!!

We have had quite a few minor leaguer's friend(s), mom/dad/relative(s) and now a fiancee. I still remember a minor leaguer's friend or mom (I can't remember) getting into it with a poster here 4 or 5 years ago defending their guy. I'm just glad that a guy in our affiliate knows about futuresox/soxtalk (just like a few front office people). The more, the merrier, and it helps with future interviews for our soxtalk posters who are also futuresox guys working countless hours to put out a great website over there. Wouldn't mind seeing Chase post here from time to time (or give a good interview for our sister site in futuresox) if he wants as well. We will add him to the McCarthys the Bullards, the Bajaneros, the Andersons, the Fields, the Morels etc.. of guys who either post here or were in interviews there.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 12, 2010 -> 05:56 PM)
I'm sure if he gets a chance to catch Chris Sale, you guys will be lining up to hear what he had to say about it.

No doubt about it, and for me personally, not just Sale. (who knows where he could be in W-S too) I would love to hear from a couple of arms who we just drafted, or guys who look promising from who I remember last year (not to mention keep telling him to pick on Dan Black. :lol:)

Edited by SoxAce

All she ever said was that he works hard and doesn't let adversity get in his way. She never claimed he was Barry Bonds. What's wrong with hard workers in the organization? I wish I could play pro ball, even if was in the lower minors.