Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 06:14 PM)
Tornado siren currently sounding in Chicago loop.

I think I just heard it on the NW side too. A tornado warning popped on the screen, but it mentioned Riverside, Lyons, Cicero area.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 06:42 PM)
Isnt Kotsay supposed to be a plus fielder at 1B and he is left handed, why wouldnt he be there and give Konerko some rest being the DH?

He's barely even played the position in his career. He'd only started 20 games at 1B before coming to the White Sox, I have no idea how he developed this reputation. From what I've seen of him this season in all facets of the game, I'd like to limit the amount of time he actually spends on the field of play to as little as possible. He really only has a negative impact when he steps out of that box.

Yeah that's what it seems like. NL team, getaway day tomorrow...not that surprising they will just wait this out. Going to be one of those late night, empty Sox games.

I'm going to leave once it's safe to actually walk around in the city. This is crazy.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)
He's barely even played the position in his career. He'd only started 20 games at 1B before coming to the White Sox, I have no idea how he developed this reputation. From what I've seen of him this season in all facets of the game, I'd like to limit the amount of time he actually spends on the field of play to as little as possible. He really only has a negative impact when he steps out of that box.

My mistake, I must have listened to Hawk Harreleson a little bit too much.

Some Twitter updates:

MDGonzales

Lights went out at U.S. Cellular 3 minutes ago via web

scottmerkin

Expectations from Roger Bossard, courtesy of White Sox media relations, is game will be played tonight sooner rather than later 5 minutes ago via web

MDGonzales

Sox expected to play but no update till 7:30 p.m. 6 minutes ago via web

InsideTheSox

Don't give up on the #WhiteSox game yet! Roger says the storms are moving fast and he thinks there will be baseball tonight. 37 minutes ago via TweetDeck

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
Jerry Seinfeld is in the booth doing commentary for the last couple of innings.

he seems to know all of the players past and present, pretty respectable, good broadcast

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 06:45 PM)

From what I saw last year, he wasn't bad there.

But yeah, the numbers don't really back this notion.

Ozzie during pregame: "I'm happy w/ the way we're swinging the bats right now, I don't think we need to add any bats but that's up to Kenny. I got Andruw Jones on the bench! Because of the way we swinging the bats right now, I can't get him any at-bats"

-_-

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
Ozzie during pregame: "I'm happy w/ the way we're swinging the bats right now, I don't think we need to add any bats but that's up to Kenny. I got Andruw Jones on the bench! Because of the way we swinging the bats right now, I can't get him any at-bats"

-_-

Oh Ozzie..

Edited by TitoMB