Sox vs Atlanta 6-23 game thread 7:05 first pitch, CSN

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 04:28 AM)
No K's over his last 3 outings. Concerning to say the very least. If he doesn't pick up his strikeout totals he's gonna start to get shelled.

Considering Putz's K/BB ratio, any chance Ozzie makes him the closer and moves Jenks lower than Linebrink in the bullpen? And I really hope someone just saw Brandon Wood's error to start the 9th.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
No K's over his last 3 outings. Concerning to say the very least. If he doesn't pick up his strikeout totals he's gonna start to get shelled.

Yeah that 1 pitch in his last save would have been much better if it were an 8 pitch K

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)

I have only seen the last couple...but he hasn't really gotten deep into counts in most of those AB's right? Yesterday was 1 pitch, today he threw like 3. Or is this just sarcasm...can't tell. :-)

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:25 PM)
Yeah, but the 05 and the first 0.62% of the 2006 team did it, so suck on that one Mr. Stats!

Pfft, if you're going to cheat and include the 2006 team then you might as well just point to the games between June 15th and June 24th, 2006 when they won 9 straight against predominantly NL opponents.

Outstanding victory. Bobby is kicking some serious ass right now. The bullpen was f***ing nails.

Great great victory.

Even you Jenks haters are getting what you wish from Bobby, who apparently can pitch well even without the support of Soxtalk.

He's blowing people away.

My god, even the most proud of you ... give him his f***ing props.

Kalapse gave him his props. The rest of you are insane (just kidding, don't ban me).

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
Yeah that 1 pitch in his last save would have been much better if it were an 8 pitch K

That's what I'm saying! Glad you agree and I'm not the only one worrying about this.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:31 PM)
Great great victory.

Even you Jenks haters are getting what you wish from Bobby, who apparently can pitch well even without the support of Soxtalk.

He's blowing people away.

My god, even the most proud of you ... give him his f***ing props.

Kalapse gave him his props. The rest of you are insane (just kidding, don't ban me).

It's funny because I've "given him his props" like 20 times in the month of June you just choose not to acknowledge it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)
Considering Putz's K/BB ratio, any chance Ozzie makes him the closer and moves Jenks lower than Linebrink in the bullpen? And I really hope someone just saw Brandon Wood's error to start the 9th.

Nope was watching MLB Tonight..they just switched to it now. Was it a butcher job? Get to listen to Vin Scully too...very nice.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:30 PM)

Well, you'd hope he would. Putz is definitely the better choice for the closing role seeing as how he actually has a plus pitch. Bobby's curve is not what it used to be but Putz can still make the best of hitters look silly with the splitty. We could definitely use a long man though and Bobby was a starter when we acquired him, definitely worth a shot.

The difference in Jenks last year and this to me is he seems to not be giving up the HR's this year which got him last.

If Beckham gets going we may just have something.

Omar's defense is a difference which is why I think Dayan may not see the light of day in the field but should replace kotsay or jones at DH.

Sox have picked up 6 games in a little over two weeks is that right.......

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:32 PM)
Nope was watching MLB Tonight..they just switched to it now. Was it a butcher job? Get to listen to Vin Scully too...very nice.

Matt Kemp is just a complete and utter mess right now.

Well, you'd hope he would. Putz is definitely the better choice for the closing role seeing as how he actually has a plus pitch. Bobby's curve is not what it used to be but Putz can still make the best of hitters look silly with the splitty.

What baffles me is you guys who want a new closer, act like the new closer will stand the test of time rather than one or two outings.

Jenks has been doing a fine job in the role this season and several past seasons.

You folks act like Putz will just blow through inning after inning, night after night.

He won't.

All closers all baserunners on occasion; all closers give up runs on occasion (except for Texas'). All closers BLOW SAVES on occasions.

Put Putz out there for a full month and I guarantee you he'll blow as many or more saves than Jenks.

That you can't realize that confounds me.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:36 PM)

Yeah that was bad, but how was that not a balk? Where could he possibly think he could go. I have him on our Soxtalk keeper league and he is killing my avg right now.

Shall we ask what the Dodgers want for him? :lolhitting

** OH never mind he is a CF and a right handed hitter **

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
Oh my f***ing god, Russel Martin just cost the Dodgers the game. WOW

That is one of the weirdest endings I have ever seen. A non-balk call pick off. Reed Johnson lolligaging home and not making it before Martin gets called out. And was he really out?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 05:40 AM)
That is one of the weirdest endings I have ever seen. A non-balk call pick off. Reed Johnson lolligaging home and not making it before Martin gets called out. And was he really out?

all started by Brandon Wood being as lazy as possible on a routine grounder.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 23, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
What baffles me is you guys who want a new closer, act like the new closer will stand the test of time rather than one or two outings.

Jenks has been doing a fine job in the role this season and several past seasons.

You folks act like Putz will just blow through inning after inning, night after night.

He won't.

All closers all baserunners on occasion; all closers give up runs on occasion (except for Texas'). All closers BLOW SAVES on occasions.

Put Putz out there for a full month and I guarantee you he'll blow as many or more saves than Jenks.

That you can't realize that confounds me.

It's a joke, we're busting your balls. No one wants Jenks replaced.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
I think he has proven he's not real good in tie games or with a huge huge lead.

If Oz was smart he'd skip the tie game thing with Bobby unless he has no choice.

Problem is, that's something your closer needs to be able to do. They're ALL asked to get those big time outs in the top of the 9th of a tie game and the very best get the job done that's one of the reasons why they make $7M+ a year and a setup man gets no where near that.

That being said, if I'm Ozzie I'm still going to put him out there in a tie ballgame. He's a different pitcher right now than he was in April and May hopefully that would mean better results in tied games.